Chapter-26 Should this Angel blame you for it?

The guests around the table stare at the soup hungrily their mouth-watering, hands itching to reach out to the bowl quickly they shut their mouths or else it would not be a good sight to see the drool dripping from their mouths with how hungry they were, eyes not leaving the steaming soup where vegetables and meat could be seen floating, appetizing, well cooked, the color and consistency just best, the aroma churning their stomachs. It didn’t matter to them how the food just came on the table, hunger blocking their reasoning, they gulp down the saliva in anticipation and wait for the orders from the Queen or the Minister to start eating.

 The minister chuckles “Her Majesty, the Queen has always intended to fulfill the desires of the people, especially her guests, you can start your hearty meal, eat as much as you want now that you know how to get it” his tone changes and the gaze turns a little cold towards the end but no one bothers or registers, they pull up the bowl towards them, taking a sip with a spoon, the delicious taste blooms their palette, it was so delectable they couldn’t control their manners, dropping the spoon they just hold the bowl to their mouth gulping down the content. 

Yoongi has the same reaction, Jimin was also trying to control himself but the effect of the place was too strong, they both were like ferocious animals trying hard not to snap. Taehyung taps his fan on each of their bowls his action so fast that it was almost impossible to detect. The next moment when his two companion checks the content of the bowl they almost gag seeing the blood and flesh floating in their bowl, thunder stricken they turn to Taehyung, hunger replaced with shock their eyes doing the talking, asking if all the other bowls have the same thing in them.

Taehyung fans himself relaxing in his chair, his manners and elegance at their best, he nods pointing towards the empty bowls in front of Fianna and Jeongguk. He whispers “What do you think why is it still empty?” Jimin and Yoongi subtly glance at the place and reels their mind to come up with an answer. 

“Not his turn yet?” Yoongi was unsure but speaks his thought out. Taehyung nods once and observes the rest present in the room with great interest. The sound of slurping and moaning was loud on the table but nothing fazed the dead stares of the attendants standing in the hall or the guards only the Minister, Fianna and Jeongguk were the ones to be smiling and appreciating this act of their guests.

The Minister watch keenly the trio sitting quietly not touching their food, he speaks warmly “It seems like you don’t like this dish but worry not we have more dishes on the way, there will be something that may suit your taste” Taehyung returns the kindness with equally humble expressions.

“This traveler appreciates your efforts” the Minister doesn’t spare him another glance.

A woman wipes her lips and stands up in astonishment looking at the empty bowl in front of her, “is it that easy?” she asks the maids quietly staring at them, getting no answer she waits for the Minister to answer and pulls up her sleeve, her smooth skin having a yellowish glow from the candlelight, “I want more food” she breathes in holding the knife in her hand, the blade sharpened as her gaze pointed to the smooth skin of her arm. It was quite interesting how their cutlery felt like a butcher’s knife with the sharpness it holds, one blow was all it would take to kill somebody if aimed at the vital point.

The strangers around her put down their bowls too as they finish their food and lick their lips, feeling the hunger rise again with her words, she had her seat next to the man who has just gone without a trace, they understood the rule, to fill their stomachs they have to sacrifice their blood.  “I will feed us, brothers and sisters,” she says as a malicious smile spreads on her lips, and casts a glance at each of those unsated strangers. A teenage girl sitting next to her encourages doing the act quickly; her eyes shine with some hidden motives.