Part 7

"Some of the witches withdrew, some absorbed as much power as they could from the natural things around them in order to aid Glinda la Fey. Those that withdrew created a severed link and started down a dark path. For those that withdrew lost sight of what it meant to be a witch and did not realize that as a being that was meant to keep the balance, the witches had to intervene into such matters to stop the destruction of everything.

"The races of the supernatural were slowly destroying everything. The supernatural beings created an imbalance that the witches needed to restore. Glinda la Fey may have been the first one to step up and try to stop the imbalance, but those who withdrew are the ones that helped fix it. You see without the balance of good and evil, even among witches, there can be too much good in the world. With too much good in the world, comes the worst of the worst of evils.

"Nowadays, there are many lines of witches, covens, that were created in this one event and without the covens, the supernatural world would have taken over. People such as yourself, would have never been able to live out their lives in arrogance about what really does go bump in the night. Many covens of witches have saved the lives of humans countless of times in order to keep the peace.

"One of the only things that the witches and the supernatural world could agree on was what happened with the afterlife. A human that was killed by the supernatural world, should then be born of the supernatural world again to live the life they should have been able to before being killed. The leaders of all kinds of supernatural and Glinda la Fey and other witches worked together to create this world that you are in now and an agreement was made that every eighty years, a new Gateway would be chosen to help guide those who have been killed."

Amelia remained quiet. They always did when they learned about the supernatural. Josephine finished her sandwich and sprinkled some chips on the edge of the pond to entice the fish to the edge. Amelia stared at the water's edge and Josephine could see fear in her eyes as it dawned upon Amelia, the very monster that killed her could easily have been in the water of the pond. Amelia crawled backwards up the slope of the hill that led to the pond to get away from the water's edge. She didn't go to far before stopping and looking to Josephine to give an answer to the unasked question.

"Nothing can get to us here, my dear. We are completely safe. Nothing can get in or out of the circle while I am here." Josephine assured the young girl.

Amelia nodded, "What did you mean that when I'm ready, we will learn about the events that led me here?"

"I will cast a spell that allows us to watch the events of your death from the side to learn what we can." Josephine answered, watching the fish.

A cool breeze came from the east, ruffling their hair slightly. Josephine giggled as the fish nibbled her fingers and the hair on her neck tickled her as it moved. Amelia crawled closer to watch the fish play with Josephine's fingers.