Nothing Personal

A few weeks have passed since their trip to England, the three still not knowing about what exactly had happened there.

Despite all the fun they've had, NCW Inc. has been having a bit of a dilemma on their hands. Lately, they've been having some trouble with their machinery and equipment. And if there is any business that provided the best of the best material, it would be HILL CO.

As we know, the three doesn't have the best relationship with Maria Hill, but Y/N, on the other hand, has her ways. That is, if Danvers, Maximoff, and Romanoff decides to set their dispute aside.

"We need to find an alternative for the materials. We can't wait for them, we need a supplier now!" Romanoff stresses in the meeting room.

"How about Banner LLP ? They supply products." An employee suggests.

"No, the quality is too cheap." Romanoff disregards the idea.

"There's Vision, his business has good quality products." Another employee suggests.

"No. His company is not reliable." Maximoff throws away the idea.

"Wilson Ltd. they provide equipment." Another idea is suggested

"No. They don't specialize in the construction industry." Danvers informs the employees who have run out of ideas.

"How about Shuri, Gamora, Hope, Valkyrie ? Their business all center of special equipment and materials." Yelena recommends.

"Yes, they're acceptable, but we need a supplier ASAP. I don't think they'll be able to provide for us anytime soon." Maximoff explains the flaws of the idea.

Y/N listens to their conversation when a suggestion comes into her head.

"How about HILL CO. ?" She suggests to the three.

"Yeah, their company have amazing services. And they're reliable." An employee backs up Y/N's suggestion.

"I'm sorry, what ?" Romanoff asks, confused of their idea.

"Maria Hill's company provides really good quality products, and they are reliable considering that they are one of the top 5 companies in this industry." An employee praises and compliments the business.

"Maybe you should go work for them if you think so highly of their company." Danvers bitterly snaps to the employee.

"You know what, we'll continue this later. Meeting dismissed." Maximoff ends the meeting, making everyone leave except for Y/N Scott.

----------

Y/N's POV -

After everyone left the meeting room, the three just stared daggers into my eyes.

"What ?" I ask, scared and confused of their appearance.

"What was that ?" Ms. Danvers gets up from her chair, standing in front of me.

"What was what ?" I ask. They raise their eyebrows, clearly referring to my suggestion. "You mean my suggestion." They nod their heads, still waiting for me to say something.

"That was a perfectly good idea. HILL CO. does have good quality equipment, and they're a good business. That's what you wanted, right ?" I use their own words against them.

"They do have some good equipment, nice materials, but I don't think their boss is as reliable as you say she is." Ms. Maximoff goes behind me, placing her hands on my shoulders.

"I think we'll scrap this suggestion of yours." Ms. Danvers condescendingly smiles.

"You're only doing that because of your feud with Maria. You know god-damn well that her business is good. If you want Banner's cheap quality products or Wilson's company, who doesn't even specialize in our industry, then go ahead. Or if you want to take your time and ask Shuri, Valkyrie, and the others, you can do that too. Unless, you want Vision's unreliable company to provide for you." I got up from my seat and spoke of the truth directly to the three.

"You seem to love her company a lot. Why don't you go work for her ?" Wanda retorts harshly.

"You should let go of your petty quarrel with her. Do it for your business, nothing personal." I taunt, especially to the redhead, who has said nothing since.

"Accept the suggestion, Natty..." I kneel down to her level, fluttering my eyes innocently.

"Ok, I will. But you'll do the negotiations with Hill, since it's your idea." She agreed, forming a smirk on her face.

One thing I know about Natasha is that she doesn't agree just like that. There are consequences for the action. But since time is of the essence, I'll deal with it later.

"It would be my pleasure." I stand up, smiling out of victory. I look at the two other women who doesn't seem that shocked of Natasha's agreement.

Oh, I'm going to regret this.

----------

After a bit of convincing, Y/N was able to get Maria to be a supplier for NCW Inc. It wasn't hard for Y/N to ask Maria to help her, she does have a soft spot for her.

They walked to the meeting room and waited for the three to join them. As the two were laughing and having a good conversation, the three entered the room.

"Good evening, Maria." Romanoff shakes her hand. They all have a smile on their faces that is too believable that it's unbelievable. Just with their greetings to one another, you can feel the tension in the room.

"So, according to Y/N, you're in need for a supplier ?" Maria starts the conversation.

"Yes, our supplier isn't going to have any materials and equipment for us until a few months. So we thought about trying your equipment. We know how reliable your company is, so you'd be perfect for us." Maximoff goes on about their proposal, every now and then, complimenting Maria's company.

Their meeting goes on for an hour as they settled their contract. It wasn't as bad as Y/N thought it would be. There were a few backhanded compliments that were said, but they weren't ripping each other's heads off, so that was good.

Then again, don't speak too soon.

"Thank you so much for your help, Maria. We appreciate it." Danvers thanks the woman. They get up to shake each other's hands, sealing the deal.

"Don't thank me, thank Y/N. It was my pleasure meeting her again." Maria directly looks at Y/N, making her squirm.

"We'll definitely reward her for her great work..." Danvers stated lowly, smirking at Maria.

"Don't worry, we'll make sure to make her feel the same pleasure." Romanoff's teasing made everyone's attention switch to Y/N who looks so small in the presence of four of her superiors.

They all stare at each other, filling the room with burning tension. Burning from envy, from desire, from anger.

"Good to see you again. Enjoy your night." Maria ended their death staring competition.

"Oh we will..." Maximoff retorts, patronizing Maria, making her walk out the room.

They switch back their attention to Y/N. Rolling her eyes, annoyed at their teases and taunts.

"You three are a pain in my ass." She stresses.

"What will be the consequences of Y/N's decision ?"

A/N - Jello :) Next chapter will be a lot so grab your popcorn.
How are you all ? Here's a bear for hugs 🧸 Feel free to comment.
Oh, and, drop your socials so we can be mutuals :)
Love L.C ♡