Mind & Heart

England

Y/N's POV -

Although I haven't talked to Wanda about our latest incident, I've tried talking to her, but she won't stay a second to hear what I have to say.

It's ridiculous cause she wanted it to happen, but now it's like she doesn't know me.

My thoughts kept running through my head as I walked to Carol's room to give her some documents.

I knocked on the door, but she didn't answer. I waited for a while, thinking she was just getting ready or something, but still no answer.

Her door was unlocked, so I went in.

"Carol, are you okay ?" I asked the girl, worried, seeing her sitting on the floor with a bottle of liquor.

I kneeled down to look at her, her eyes were puffy, she cried.

"Hey..." I whispered, taking away the bottle from her hand, which she refused to give.

"What happened ?" I sat down in front of her. "Is it Maria ?" I assumed, knowing how much her girlfriend can affect her.

"We had a fight. She won't talk to me." She mumbled, taking a sip of the alcohol.

"I thought that I didn't love her, but I can't imagine losing her. She just means so much to me, Y/N." Carol explained. I sat there, not knowing what to do or say.

It breaks my heart seeing her sad because of Maria, but it also breaks my heart seeing her happy with Maria.

"Carol, give her time. You two will be okay again. Just give her some space." I advised her.

"Okay, now no more drinking. You have a lot more to drink for when we finish our trip in England with success." I said, grabbing the bottle and placing it on the side.

"Don't waste your tears in sadness." I smiled, wiping her tears away.

She looked at me, smiling back. God, that smile is contagious. Before I could pull my hand away, she kept it on her face, kissing it softly.

Our gazes never left each other. The spark I saw and felt was still there after all these years.

A force brought me closer to her, my brain forcing me to stop, but my heart telling me to kiss her. Which one would you listen to ?

Even after all the things that could've stopped us from being with each other, she took the first step to place her lips on mine.

I kissed her back, softly grabbing her closer. She pulled me onto her lap, running her hands through my hair.

Our kiss went on until we separated for air. Our foreheads touching, as we panted.

"I'm sorry." Carol apologized, lifting me off her, walking to the bathroom.

Before I could process what had just happened, Carol's phone lit up. Maria called her.

Guilt rushed through my body seeing their picture together. Maria doesn't deserve this to happen to her, nor does Carol.

I took a deep sigh, placing the documents on her bed.

This time, it's my conscience that will be killing me.

----------

Before I could beat myself up for what I just did, I had to give Natasha a few more files.

So ahead we go to the redhead before bed. (The author thought this was funny.)

I entered Nat's room as she took the files away from me. "Those are just a summary of your finances here, Darcy has the whole report." I informed , walking to her window.

"What happened to you ? You look odd." She mentioned, going through the files. "Gee, thanks." I scoffed.

Nat rolled her eyes, while I stared out the glass window.

"Quit it, what's wrong with you ?" Natasha snapped, walking towards me. "Everything." 

"Now, I would believe that, but you need to be more specific." She said, still going through the files.

"For the five years that we haven't seen each other, I thought that I was over you, over all of you. But these past few months have started to make me think that I'm wrong about how I feel."

As I was talking about my confusions, Natasha just stared at me. 

"What ?" I nervously laughed, wondering why she was gaping at me. "Nothing, you just surprise me at times."

"What do you mean ?" I asked. "When you came back, I was so proud of what you had become. You made it on your own, finally being the person I always thought you would be. But I thought that the Y/N I used to know was long gone when you came back with the toughest exterior. But now a bit of the softness in you is coming out." She explained, admiring my face as did I.

"Y/N, can I ask you something ?" I nodded, curious as to what her question was.

"Did you love me ? I mean, did you truly love me ?" She asked, lowering her head to avoid my eyes.

I thought about her question and knew what my answer was going to be.

"Of course, I did. I know you might find it hard to believe, but you meant so much to me." I lifted her chin to look at me. Her eyes visibly showed how in doubt she is, but it seems like she's doubting herself and not me.

"Do you love Maria ?" I asked her. "I love her and she loves me, Y/N." She said that without a single doubt.

"I'm sorry, Natasha." I mumbled, looking back out the window. "For what ?" She asked, still staring at me.

"I'm sorry for being selfish. I'm sorry for hurting you with my decisions." I apologized, looking at the people below us, reminding me about the different lives we all had.

"I don't blame you, Wanda and Carol are worthy of your love." She shrugged off the apology. "Yeah, but it's too late for that." "You'll never know what awaits for you." She said all cheery and happy.

"Ok, thanks for your advice, Shakespeare." I stopped whatever emotional moment was going to happen.

"You know, you really are a bitch for someone who has a fucked up love life." Whatever philosopher moment she was a having a second ago was replaced with her true I don't give a fuck form.

I rolled my eyes at the woman when her phone rang. 

"Is that your girlfriend ? Is she calling for a good night kiss ?" I taunted her while she picked up the phone. Oh, and I was right. 

Look at her, all sweet and cheesy on the phone with that previous boss of mine.

"Maria, if you're calling to see if Nat's cheating on you, don't worry, she isn't." I grabbed the phone from the redhead, talking to her partner.

"Actually she's having her William Shakespeare moment right now, I think she might write a book soon-" "Give me my phone back !" The woman snatched it off my hand.

I took my things to head out of her room before saying one more thing.

"You're in the clear. No one's gonna want to fuck a stuck up ginger." I shouted, walking towards her door. "Shut up, Y/N !" Nat screamed back.

"Trust me, I have plenty of experience." I mentioned, talking about Natasha and Wanda.

A/N - Hey bitches. I've been having a writer's block moment recently and this chapter was stressful. If you have requests, feel free to comment or message me. How has your day been going ? I'm hoping y'all will have a great day/night :)
Love L.C ♡