Treasures

Finally, the situation settled between the media and the four were able to get back to their 'normal' lives. While they got back to operating their companies, their respective relationships were not seeing the light of day.

However, after the surprising visit of Loki, they had a realization.

Wanda had called Agatha to her apartment to 'talk'.

Wanda's POV -

I anxiously waited for Agatha to knock on my door as I stared at the clock, quickly moving its hands each second. The sound of a knock startled me as I stared at the wall. I took a deep breath before I walked towards the door.

"Hi..." I greeted the woman. "Come in." I gestured her into my house. The last time she visited, we were in a messy fight.

"How are you ?" I asked her. "I'm doing good. You ?" Agatha said, taking a seat on the couch.

"I'm doing my best." I smiled at her. "Why did you call me over ?" She asked.

After the things Loki said, and the thoughts I've been having, I knew this day had to come.

"Agatha...you have given so many memories that I will always cherish, you have been an amazing partner." I stop in my words, not knowing what will come next.

"But ?" She had a look on her face that told me she knew what I wanted to say.

"But...I don't think I can stay in a relationship that has so many barriers to our true potential. I can't be in a relationship that makes me feel so guilty of myself." I lowered my head, not wanting to stare into her eyes.

"Hey...I know you aren't a bad person. It isn't your fault that I put you in this sort of position." She lifted my chin, looking at me pitifully.

"You wanna know something ?" She smiled. "What ?" I asked.

"You are the one person that I will never regret loving." She said.

That right there made me want to retract what I'm about to say, I couldn't help but let my tears fall.

"These past two years have been amazing. I've loved every moment with you, Agatha. You made me feel so treasured every minute I spent with you.

But...I think it's best if we broke up." I formed the letters, said the words, and cried as I spoke them.

We sat there as our tears fell, and I thought about this decision. I started to wonder whether it was the right one.

"I understand." She whispered, cupping my face.

"I'm sorry that I couldn't give you the love that you deserved." She said as she wiped my tears.

"Don't be, you made me feel enough." I said, hugging her as a few more tears rolled down my cheek.

"Take care of yourself, Wanda." She said before she left.

The sound of the door shutting made my heart crack. I loved her. For two years I gave her the only love I knew. We spent our days hiding from others, as I wanted everyone to know about this woman who saw something in me.

I guess it wasn't meant to be.

----------

Carol's POV -

I waited for Maria to come back home, it's been weeks since she hasn't come back.

"Carol ?" I heard her voice as the door opened.

"Maria !" I said, relieved, hugging her. "How are you ?" I asked her.

"I'm doing good. How have you been ?" She asked. "I've missed you." I said.