Tough Love

5 Years Ago...

"Surprise !" Y/N handed a gift to Natasha. "What's this ?" Natasha asked, typing on her computer.

"Did you really think we'd forget that it's your birthday ? Wanda laughed, walking in with Carol.

"Happy Birthday сука." Yelena said as Kate happily brought in a cake. It was late at night, they were the only ones there.

"You know, I don't care much for birthdays." Natasha leaned on her chair.

"Just blow the damn candle." Carol demanded. The redhead rolled her eyes and was about to blow out the candles.

"Wait !" Kate and Y/N stopped her. "What ?" Natasha asked, confused just like the others.

"Make a wish." Kate insisted, while Y/N smiled cheekily.

They laughed at the two, but Natasha followed the request and blew out the fire after making her wish.

Natasha opened the present and it was an odd object. "An hourglass ?"

"Yeah, I noticed that you spend your time always working. Maybe you should find a life." Y/N suggested mockingly.

"Very funny." Natasha said unimpressed.

"No, but really. Time is precious, go use it wisely. Plus this gift will forever remind you of me even when I'm not here."

"Happy Birthday, Nat." Wanda hugged her, followed by Carol.

----------

A few months after that...

It was Y/N's birthday this time. But it was at a time when she was with all three women, and she was under a lot of pressure.

She had no time to fully realize it's the day she's been celebrating for years.

Along with that, her schedule has been busier than ever. She was working past her shift again.

"Happy Birthday day to you..." A few people started singing.

"Happy Birthday, happy birthday... Happy birthday to...you." Natasha, Carol, and Wanda serenaded her.

"Happy Birthday, Y/N." They greeted happily. "Thank you." She widely smiled.

"Enough of working. You're enjoying your day." Wanda said, shutting her laptop. But we all know it wasn't her work that was bothering her.

"Make a wish." Natasha reminded her.

Y/N grinned at the request, knowing how a few months ago she didn't care about this tradition.

She made a wish before blowing the candles.

"I have gift for you." Carol childishly revealed a present from behind her back.

Y/N laughed at the gesture and opened the gift. It was a necklace that had a small jewel in it.

"Nat, Wanda, and I thought of you when we saw it." She mentioned.

"Why ?" Y/N's heart melted, seeing the gift.

"That small jewel is a diamond. It reminds us of you because even if it may seem simple, like you, simplicity is beauty.

You have that passion around anything and anyone. A burning flame that ignites everytime we're around you.

That diamond reminds us of how precious and unique you are to us." They noted the true meaning of their gift.

----------

Present...

Y/N ran her fingers on that necklace that stayed on her neck as her thoughts roamed in her head.

It was very clear to her what she'd done with them had ruined everything around them.

The thing is, this isn't the same Y/N who decided to have three girlfriends all at once, this is the one that's going to make a choice.

And not a choice you're expecting.

"Y/N, what are you going to do ?" Kate asked her. Ironically, this situation only brought them closer.

"I'm going to give it some time to settle before I visit them." She replied.

"What are you going to tell them ?" Yelena wondered.

"I'm going to get closure."

"What kind of closure ?" Yelena asked again.

"The one that's going to end all of this." Y/N said.

"I really hope that you three will be ok again." Kate hoped.

"I hope so too."

"Y/N, I have one question. Did you ever think of telling them how you felt before all of this even happened ?" Yelena asked.

"What do you mean ?"

"She means, don't you think this would've been a bit easier if you just confessed how you truly felt rather than flirting with them when you knew they had somebody else ?" Kate cleared the confusion.

"I knew how I felt about them, but I wasn't going to pull some Romeo & Juliet shit, and confess my love for them." Y/N huffed.

"And that right there is why your relationship never worked out." Yelena disapproved.

"Excuse me ?"

"It's because you would rather fool around with other people's emotions and not get some help with your own.
Don't act like you don't love anyone of them because you do and you know it." Kate said.

"Playing and teasing around until they gave in to your little game was not mature of you because you just caused them a relationship that was more progressive than your four week charade with them." Yelena lectured the woman.

"I thought you two were my friends. I don't know what friendship is to you but this is not it."

"No, Y/N. This is exactly what you call a friendship because people who aren't your friends would've left you a long time ago.
You better be grateful that we keep up with your shit because you better realize the mess you've made ever since the beginning or soon there would be no friendship." Yelena stated before leaving.

"Y/N, she's right. Soon you need to realize that the things that had happened in your life isn't entirely everyone else's fault because you have a huge part in what happens in your life. So quit blaming others." Kate made her peace and left.

"Sometimes the hardest things and the right things are the same."

A/N - Hey :) Shorter chapter, sorry.
Guys I'm planning on unpublishing SCANDAL because I want to focus on this book then I'll republish SCANDAL once TEMPTATION is done.
When are you birthdays ?
Love L.C ♡

P.S: HEADS UP!!! This book is ending tomorrow.

I'm just kidding. April Fools 😂