Chapter 2 | The Party

James' p.o.v

"Holy shit babe you did so good!" I said to Sarah as we went backstage. I was a bit drunk by then, and I'd been drinking throughout the entire show.

"You did awesome, too!" Sarah replied.

"Hey, who's sober here?" I asked.

"Nope!" Lars replied, a drunken smile plastered across his face.

"I'm not." Kirk replied. "Are you, Sarah?".

"Yeah, I am. I guess I'm driving back to the hotel, hey?" Sarah asked.

"Yep!" I replied. "And when we get back, we're gonna fucking party!". With that, we packed up our instruments and got our equipment out to the van.

When we got back to our hotel room, things took a turn for the worse. Me, Sarah, Kirk, and Lars sat in my hotel room, drinking beer. We had invited a few friends for a party; all of which were guys.

So our friends showed up, and we put on some music, and we did some drugs.

"This is top notch cocaine." said Bob, an old friend of the band. "It's not shitty stuff.". He set up a few lines, one for me, one for him, and one for Kirk and we all snorted it.

I saw Sarah in the corner, with somebody talking to her. She looked uncomfortable, and he was awfully close to her.

"What is it, man?" Kirk asked me.

"I dunno who that is, but he's kinda close to Sarah." I replied. "She looks kinda, I dunno,-".

"Whoa, who's that blonde chick?" Bob interrupted me, gripping my shoulder and letting out a whistle. "She's hot stuff!".

I rolled my eyes. "She's mine." I said. I went over to her, my body tensing up. Her eyes met mine, and she looked relieved.

"I've gotta go, maybe we can chat later." she told the guy she was talking to. As she walked away, though, he grabbed her by the shirt. "Hey!" she shouted at him. He grabbed her wrist and pinned her to the wall by her shoulders.

"Hey! Fuck off!" I shouted at him, aggressively grabbing him by his shirt collar from behind. "Leave her alone!".

The dude let go of Sarah, and when he turned around I realized that it was one of Lars' friends.

"You have absolutely no right to touch her like that, you hear me, motherfucker!" I yelled at him.

"Okay, okay." he mumbled, walking away with his hands up.

"Sorry about that." I told Sarah, shaking my head.

"It's alright." she sighed, running her hand through her hair. She put her hands on my shoulders, and her eyes drifted to my nose. "Hey, is that cocaine on your nose?".

"Yeah. Want some?".

"Uh...".

"C'mon, babe, live a little.".

"James, I shouldn't. Really, I shouldn't.".

"Everyone else is doing it!". I grabbed her hand and lead her over to Bob, asking him to set up a line for her.

"James, I shouldn't." she said.

"It's like weed but better." Bob said, winking at her. She tucked her hair behind her ears, looking down at the thin white line on the table. I could tell she didn't really want to do it, but she reluctantly snorted it all in one go.

I should've known just what I was getting her into. But I was drunk and having a good time, and I wanted her to have a good time, too.

Somehow, we ended up playing truth or dare. But not the kind of truth or dare you play in middle school.

So we all sat in a circle on the floor, Sarah sitting to the right of me, and Kirk and Lars on my left.

With a dozen guys and one woman, of course the woman was going to be taken advantage of.

"Hey Sarah, truth or dare?" Sam asked Sarah. He was the one who'd bothered her earlier.

"Uh... dare, I guess." she responded, shrugging.

Sam got this wicked grin on his face, and I subconsciously wrapped a protective arm around Sarah.

"I dare you to show us your tits." he told her, and she let out a gasp.

"No!" she said. "I'm not fucking doing that!".

"C'mon, if you don't you have to kiss me.".

"No! I don't want to fucking kiss you and I'm not a stripper!"

"C'mon, just your tits! For now, at least.".

"No! I'm not fucking doing it!".

"Just show us your boobs already, fucking cunt!".

"Hey, don't talk to Sarah that way, cheesedick!" I said to Sam.

"Jesus christ, leave her alone!" Kirk told him.

Sam stood up, came over, and threw Sarah over his shoulder. She screamed as he tossed her onto the queen- sized bed.

"Get off me!" she screamed,struggling in his grip and frantically thrashing underneath him.

I got to my feet and tried to pry him off, but I couldn't do it alone. Thankfully, Kirk and Lars rushed to help me, and we all grabbed his ankles, pulling him onto the floor. He landed with a loud thud.

"You leave her the fuck alone, alright! She's mine, and if you put your filthy hands on her again I'm gonna fucking kill you!" I hollered at Sam, saliva shooting out of my mouth with every word I spoke.

"Why don't you just focking leave, man!" Lars told him. Sam just looked up at us like an idiot.

"Yeah! Get the fuck out of here!" Kirk told him.

"And don't fucking come back." Sarah added through gritted teeth.

Sam turned his head and looked at her. "Y'know it's your fault, you shouldn't show so much of your boobs, or wear tight clothes" he said, and I could feel the anger rising inside of me as he spoke. "If you don't wanna get fucked, don't-".

Sarah climbed to the edge of the bed, like a ravaged animal, and she slapped Sam's face. The sound it made was like a leather whip being cracked, and the room went totally silent.

Sam winced in pain and raised his hand up to where she hit him.

"Get the fuck out." she said, and he slowly got up.

"I can explain-" he started, but Kirk opened the door and I pushed him out into the hallway.

"There's nothing to be explained! You're a fucking disgusting piece of shit! Fuck you!" I shouted at him before slamming the door.