Chapter 19 | Euphoria

A/N: They finally said it! They finally said "I love you"!!
I really appreciate every single one of your comments and votes, please feel free to leave feedback!! 🖤🖤🖤

November 1997, Post Rehab

Sarah's p.o.v

I slowly sipped a Diet Coke, sitting at a huge table with James, Blair, and a lot of our friends.

It was the release party of our newest album Reload, and I felt so good. Three years ago, in the fall of 1994, me and James had started rehab.

"Feels like a breath of fresh air, huh?" James asked me.

I smiled and nodded my head. "It sure does!" I replied.

"What does?" Blair, now ten years old asked.

I exchanged glances with James, Kirk, and Lars.

"Don't worry about it, honey." I sighed, putting my arm around her shoulders and kissing the top of her head.

"Isn't diet Coke kinda boring? I mean, do you ever miss alcohol?" Lars asked me.

"A little." I sighed. "But it was controlling me, and I didn't like it at all.".

"Sarah, I'm really happy for you." Kirk smiled at me.

"It's really good to see you happier." Jamed told me, grabbing my hand.

I rested my forehead against his. "It feels great to be sober." I told him.

"I'm happy for you, too, James." Kirk added. He held up his glass, and we all clinked our glasses together. "To Sarah and James!".

"And the future of Metallica!" Lars added.

"Hell yeah!" I exclaimed.

The rest of the night, I felt like I was high from happiness. I hadn't felt that way for a long time.

It was past midnight when me, James, and Blair got back to our hotel room.

I fell on the queen bed, letting out a sigh of content. James sat down beside me and grabbed my hand, gently rubbing small circles on it with his thumb.

"I love you, Sarah." he told me.

"I love you, too." I smiled.  I sat up and threw my arms around him, burying my face in the crook of his shoulder.

He pulled me onto his lap and kissed me passionately. I was totally intoxicated by a euphoric feeling.

I got up off his lap and picked up my nightgown from where I had left it folded on the bed. I pulled my shirt over my head and took off my jeans, then began to unclasp my bra. Of course, James was staring at me the entire time.

"What?" I asked him, a smirk on my face. He didn't say anything, just kept staring at me with this mischevious look on his face as my breast spilled out of my bra. "Y'know, I'd give you a striptease, but Blair's gonna come out of the bathroom any second.".

Just as I pulled my nightgown over my head, I heard the bathroom door creak open. "What's a striptease?" Blair asked, striding over to us and sitting down beside James.

I felt my face go red and James erupted with laughter.

"Um, well, do you really wanna know?" I asked.

"Of course I do!" Blair rolled her eyes.

"Well, uh… oh, fuck, James, you explain it to her!" I said.

"Okay, fine." James sighed, a ridiculous smile on his face. "Uh, well, a striptease is where a girl will, uh… slowly take off her clothes until she's naked, for, uh… a guys amusement. But, like me and your mom, the two people involved would love each other very much.".