Dominant Moony

"We have work tomorrow morning..."

"Oh... why did you have to remind me!?"
Sun pouted and gave me one more squeeze before we both returned to the real world.

—————

Another week went by at the Pizza Plex Mall.

Sundrop and I were very busy managing over 300 toddlers.
We reached full capacity ages ago but still managed to allow extra kiddies since parents would constantly throw meltdowns if we told them we were unable to take their own child.

It was a mess in the daycare.
Things were different, Sun was always exhausted after each shift. I was too.

Our routine consists of us cheerfully saying our goodbyes to each child at the end of the day, cleaning everything and then watching movies together before preparing ourselves for the next morning.

Vanessa hasn't got back to me about starting Nap Time.
Infact I haven't even seen Moondrop since that night because Sun won't allow him out after what he did.

It was finally our day off and I was in a good mood.

"Hey, Sun!"
I waved to him from the new security desk.
He was right at the front gate, kneeling down and helping the final kid put on his jacket before sending him off to his parents.

Once the toddler was out the door, Sun turned his attention to me,
"Hey Beautiful, it's our day off now isn't it?"

I smiled and nodded my head.

He looked over to the movie corner,
"Let's leave this mess to the Bots tonight, how about a movie? I was thinking... Shrek!"

"Duh!"

We raced over to the couch and got ourselves comfy.
He hung his arm around me, laughing at the funny parts and tearing up at the sad parts.
Shrek seemed to get him emotional and I had to hold in my giggles.

Everything was great until about half way into the movie when Sun randomly pushed me off of him.
He got up to walk away.

That's not like him...

"Umm, hey a warning would have been nice..."

He didn't answer me as he started pacing back and fourth.

I hopped over the couch and ran in his direction,
"Hey what's wrong? This isn't normal behaviour."

I tried to get his attention by holding his hand in mine.

He finally stopped and peered down to me,
"Erm, sorry Keira... Moon is having a rant right now and it isn't friendly. I may need a mome- OH SHUT IT BROTHER, YOU CANT BE SERIOUS RIGHT NOW??"

I flashed him a concerned look but kept my distance. They were my entertainment now.

I listened quietly to the conversation but it seemed to be about nonsense...?
Or using code words?
I wouldn't put that past them.

I sat on the floor patiently.
Sun was extremely stressing as he flailed his hands in the air expressively.
After a minute, he went silent.
His head slowly tilted in my direction and he stared at me with a conflicted emotion.