{3}

Confusion

Friday, 15th October 1999

Harry Potter eyed the Slytherin table curiously, He watches as Parkinson picks up the newspaper on that table and as soon as she opens it a wave of shock passes over her face, she said something which seems to shock Malfoy, his face drops and his eyebrows burrow in confusion, she quickly shoves the newspaper at him and his face goes paler than normal.

What did the newspaper say? Harry had to know. But until after breakfast, he was going to listen to whatever Hermione was yelling at Ron about. (Something about 'table etiquette', whatever that is)

(*******)

"Harry, hurry up we're going to be late for classes" Hermione yells impatiently, "Just go, I'll meet up with you in a bit, yeah?",

 "Okay" Hermione sighs and pulls Ron with her to the next class they had, (it might be potions, Harry's not sure, he's going to have the check his schedule). 

He watched as the students flooded out of the great hall, including everyone from Slytherin. Only leaving behind a few Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws. He swiftly made his way to the Slytherin table and grabbed the paper that Malfoy and Parkinson had previously been reading. Harry grabs the sheet of paper and the words shock him to his core,

'Lucius Malfoy; found dead in Azkaban prison'

Harry can't help but pity Draco, his life is practically shit, he's basically still on house arrest, he was forced into a blood purist cult by his abusive father, who is now dead, he is hated by the entire school, and worst of all, He was forced to kill a man by an evil manipulative blood purist, How could you not pity him? I mean he isn't exactly a good person, but he most certainly isn't a bad one.

Harry looks up at the clock and realizes if he stays any longer he will definitely be late for class, so he grabs the newspaper and shoves it into his bag before he takes off.

(********)

Ginny Weasley hadn't realized how much she depended on Harry, at least not until he broke up with her and left her alone with her miserable broken heart. She hadn't realized that Harry opened every door for her, that he stroked her hair when she lay down to read, that he always helped her with her chores at the burrow. Ginny doesn't know what to do. Harry was her everything, her first-ever crush, the love of her life, and the only man who treated Ginny with the respect she deserved. Harry never thought she was weaker because she was a girl, or maybe he just faked it to get with her, she doesn't know.

For the first time in years, Ginny tries to paint her nails by herself and she pretends to be okay because she's always okay, nothing can truly hurt her. Right?

(*******)

Draco was currently situated in potions declining from listening to Slughorn go on about a potion he already knows about, he draws a narcissus flower on the corner of his textbook with his quill.

"Stop that, you'll ruin it" Pansy whispers bitterly, she swats the quill out of Draco's hand, "Sorry," Draco whispers back, placing his quill on the desk.

"Calming Draught" Slughorn continues, from what? Draco does not know, he neglected to listen to Slughorn, did he regret doing so? No. He knew this prior to the class, his mother had bought him Gilderoy Lockhart's beginner's potions book when he was a young child (which he is now unsure if it is accurate based on the fact that he is a complete scam) but that (and Snape of course) had piqued an interest in potions for Draco, so now he is knowledgable about everything concerning potions.

"Take out your notebooks and turn to page 183, there you will find the ingredients and instructions, which you shouldn't need because I just taught you all how to do it," Slughorn says brazenly,

Draco opens his book and flips to page 183 and begins reading what he needs,

9 medium Lavender pieces

1 Crocodile heart

17 Peppermint leaves

1 Bat's toe

6 Rose petals

1 Bourne shell

Of course, Draco already knew this, but he had to double-check, Draco cannot be inaccurate, he always tries to make sure of it. "Pansy, will you please give me the Bat's toe?",

 "Yes, my love, of course," Pansy agrees, dreamily, Draco cringes at the name and she doesn't seem to notice.

Draco more than likely would have noticed Pansy batting her eyes at him like he is some sort of god, but the fire at the back of his head is back,

Crestfallen jade eyes were creating colossal pits in the back of Draco's head.

Draco is so fucking sick of the fire, the burning, he wanted it to stop. He didn't want him staring at the back of his head anymore.

(*******)

Malfoys fucking sick.