{9}

Tranquil
⚠️TW: Cheating⚠️

Monday, 18th October 1999

Harry Potter sits crosslegged on his bed,

His mind is scattered with thoughts of a certain blond pessimist, why can't he stop thinking of him? Why can't he stop?

Harry sighs and lays down on his bed, putting his foot on top of the other,

He pities Draco. He pities him. Harry knows Malfoy would just about punch him in the face if he found out that he pities him.

Harry knows Malfoy. Malfoy knows him.

Harry knows Malfoy wasn't actually up to something, Harry knows. Harry knows why he followed Draco into that room, Harry knows. Harry knows he was just too embarrassed to tell him. Harry knows he stopped actually thinking Malfoy was up to something years ago, Harry knows this. Harry knows that he's developed some sick, ungodly obsession with Draco.

He's just an interesting person.

An interesting person who Harry wants to know everything about, an interesting person who Harry basically knows everything about.

Harry knows why he didn't grieve the loss of his father, Harry knows,

It's part of the reason why he feels pity for Draco.

Harry knows Draco, and Draco knows Harry, except he doesn't. At least not as well as Harry knows him, Harry knows this.

Harry knows how Malfoy would react if he found out that Harry knows what happened with his father. Honestly, Harry's happy he's gone, Draco didn't deserve what his father did to him, no child does,

Nobody does.

Harry knows Draco's embarrassed about what his father did to him, and Harry knows it makes Draco feel weak, Harry wants to make him feel better, but he can't, It would be weird for Harry to walk up to someone who has spent years hating him. Someone who Harry spent years hating, or at least thinking he hated.

There's a sound at his window, Harry whips his head toward the sound, it's an owl, and Harry recognizes it instantly.

Why is Malfoy sending him mail?

(*******)

Pansy paces her room,

Should she ask to meet with Hermione again?

They had just met last night.

She hears Millicent sigh in annoyance from her bed,

"What?" Pansy huffs angrily, snapping toward her, "Will you stop pacing? I'm trying to study here" Millicent asks, more than a hint of annoyance flowing through her voice,

Pansy rolls her eyes and flops backwards on her bed, she lays in bed for a moment before grabbing her parchment.

(*******)

Hermione watches as an owl flies to her window, black and white,

Elegant.