• 1

Heejin was enjoying her deep sleep until her brother Hyeonjae had to ruin it. "Ya! Noona! Wake up, you have school idiot." He went up to his sister and flicked her forehead before running off. "Ouch Hyeonjae! Do you have a death wish?!" She turned over on her side and groaned. She buried her face into her pillow and groaned even more. "I don't wanna go to school." Heejin sighed and finally got up and went downstairs to be met with breakfast their mom made. Her favourite, waffles!

"Oh my.. these waffles look amazing!" She squeezed her mother tightly in excitement while jumping up and down. "Alright, alright. Calm down kid, It's not like it's your first time eating waffles. Just hurry up and eat okay? I gotta go to work. Love you." Heejin nodded and sat down at the table where Hyeonjae was already seated.

"Yikes.. you look like a mess." Her brother scoffed while taking a bite from his waffle. "Shut up. Like you look any better." She rolled her eyes. "I do actually." "Keep lying to yourself I guess." Hyeonjae raised his eyebrows then crossed his arms. "I am in-fact NOT lying to myself. Literally all the girls at school have crushes on me. Even the guys at this point." Heejin covered her mouth with her hand in disbelief. "That's the biggest lie I've heard so far this year. Stop being a delusional weirdo." "Says the loner." "Yeji is my friend you know." Hyeonjae scoffed. "Your only friend. How much you wanna bet she feels bad for you and that's the only reason she's your friend."

Heejin became quite. She's always thought about that. What if Yeji had really been pitying her this entire time? But obviously she wasn't going to talk to Yeji about it either because she'll have no one left. 

"I don't even understand how a smoking hot girl like her would be friends with... you." He continued. His words really did get to her. Wether Hyeonjae was joking or not, all of what he was saying really bothered her. Despite that, she just kept her mouth shut. Heejin continued to eat with teary eyes blurring her vision.

______

"Hey Heejin! How have you been?" Yeji smiled.

Yeji always waits for Heejin outside the entrance of school, no matter the weather she's always waiting for her best friend. Some think it's a bit strange since she could simply wait inside but Yeji didn't care.

"I've been alright." Heejin said forcing her smile. "You okay Jinni?" Yeji's nickname for her. "Yeah I'm fine Yeji, just tired cause I stayed up late."

While walking in the halls, it became a normal thing for boys to call out to Yeji. Saying things like:

"Give me a chance, please!"
"Let me be your boyfriend babe."
"Wanna come over to my house?"

And some other creepy things. The girls would usually admire her from a far but of course, the school has a batch of jealous girls that absolutely HATE Yeji. Hate would be an understatement. It's not like Yeji did anything to them to have a reason to dislike her. It was just the fact that she was prettier, popular and got everyone's attention.

Because Heejin and Yeji had first period together they headed to the same classroom which was math. They both went to their desks and took a seat. Yeji pouted then put her head down on the table. "Time for me to sleep!" Heejin chuckled then waited for the teacher's lesson to begin.