• 11

And just like that the weekend was over and back to reality. School. Lovely, lovely school. Totally not being sarcastic.

"Remember everyone, finish your projects as soon as possible, they are due on Friday and worth 25% of your final mark so complete it well. Class dismissed."

The students sighed at the teachers word's, including Heejin and even she enjoys these type of things. Before she was able to get out of her seat, she felt a tap on her shoulder. "Jinni I'm going to have lunch with Seojin today but I'll see you tomorrow alright?" Yeji smiled as she rushed away not giving Heejin a chance to say anything back. The girl with glasses just stood in place for a couple of seconds as she zoned out. It was normal at this point for her to feel a bit left out.

______

While Yeji and Seojin were walking towards a lunch table, all eyes were on them. Everyone though their eyes were deceiving them. Yeji? With a guy? With someone other than Heejin? That's new. People whispering " That guy is lucky." Or "That guy doesn't deserve Yeji, that should've been me!"

Yeji chose to ignore the staring whole Seojin looked a bit uneasy. "So this is what it feels like to be started at 24/7?" Yeji laughed as she took a sip of her water. "Honestly I'm used to it. I don't even know why so much of this school cares about what I do, I'm not interesting or anything."

"You are popular though." "Yeji rolled her eyes at the word popular. "I hate being called popular. The whole concept around it is stupid. We are all just ordinary high school kids. Not one of us is better than the other." She shrugged her shoulders and took a bite of her food. Seojin looked down awkwardly not knowing what to do."Oh. I didn't mean to offend you." "You didn't don't worry. Just letting you know."

______

And for the rest of the day, Yeji did not talk to Heejin at all. Not even through text. Which is very unlike her.

"Did I make Yeji upset or something? What did I do?" Heejin frowned as she scrolled through her Instagram feed trying to distract herself from thinking about it too much. "You know what, let me text her again and see if she'll finally respond."

She sighed at the messages then switched back to Instagram

She sighed at the messages then switched back to Instagram. "I'll just wait and see if she replies tomorrow."

______
The next day came around when Heejin was woken up by multiple buzzing noises coming from her phone. She yawned as she stretched over to grab her phone and saw message from Yeji 5 hours ago.

 She yawned as she stretched over to grab her phone and saw message from Yeji 5 hours ago

"I guess she finally remembered my existence." Heejin mumbled under her breath.