• 13

Heejin scribbled onto her piece of paper looking unamused as ever. After Yeji and her stopped being so close, her grades have been slipping so much, her teachers had to talk to her personally about it.

"Are you sure everything is alright Heejin?" "Yes miss. I am 100% sure." She sighed wanting to leave the conversation. "So you're not lying to me?" The woman raised her eyebrows. "No." The teacher sighed knowing she won't get anymore out of the younger girl so she gave up. "I'll let you go but please Heejin, If something is going on tell the guidance counselor at least. Alright?" She nodded in response.

______

1 Month Later

"See! They literally chugged that vodka like water!" Soyeon laughed while showing the group a video on her phone. "You guys are so stupid." Yeji shook her head. "Or you're just boring?" Jackson laughed while high five-ing his friend. "Shut up."

"Yo guys, Look what I got." Jackson reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a bag that contained a rather interesting substance. He placed it onto the lunch table and looked up at everyone to catch their reaction. "Jackson why the hell did you bring your damn weed here!" Ryujin shoved him aside but he maintained unbothered. "Yeji, Wanna try?" The cat eyed girl had her mouth open in disbelief. "No. I'm not doing that!" He rolled his eyes but tried with her again. "Come on Yej, what is this gonna do to you if you use it once? Huh?"

Yeji sighed but she gave in.

"Fine."

______

Heejin sat at a lunch table alone. She was scrolling on her phone watching videos until she decided to look up and couldn't believe what she saw.

A large group huddled together around a lunch table and right in the middle barely able to see, Yeji.

Smoking.

Her heart dropped. It's like she didn't know who she was anymore. She had now completely got caught up into the popularity and became one of those kids.

"There's no way..." she quietly said to herself. "What kind of person is she anymore?"

Heejin didn't even have a chance to think about her next actions.

She got up from the table and walked straight up towards Yeji's group.

"Yeji!" Everyone turned to see who was yelling since it sounded like someone wanted to fight her. Yeji looked and saw Heejin. "Shit..." she fumbled around to try and hide the blunt she had in her hand but was too late. "Don't try to hide it Yeji, I already saw it." The girl walked closer.

"What are you talking about?" Yeji tried to act clueless. "Yeji. What happened to you? Seriously. What happened?" "Can you get to the point here? What are you talking about?" "After you started dating Seojin, you just forgot about me. Completely!"

At this point she was practically screaming in anger.

"Do you even understand that I have no one else? No one at all! You were the only person I had there's no way you didn't know that."

It all hit Yeji. She genuinely didn't think about that at all. Everything else was distracting her so much so she forgot about her best friend. A.K.A her only true friend that had her best intentions.

"Listen Heej-"

"No! I don't wanna here it! Heejin placed her hands onto her head in frustration as she paced around. "Not only that but the entire school worships you! Even people that don't go to this school. Everyone loves you. Imagine what it's like to be me, and see your friend having all the attention and you're just left in the dust like you don't exist. You won't understand." 

Yeji sat in silence since she knew she wasn't going to be able to explain her side of the story.

"Why do guys only approach you and not me? What's so horrible about me? Who am I kidding... you have it all!" Heejin laughed hysterically. Sort of looking a bit crazy. "You have it all. Looks, personality, everything. Why were you even friends with me in the first place? Huh? Was it cause you you pitted me? You just felt so bad because I'm such a trainwreck so you as the princess of the school should come and tend to me?

Yeji stood up and moved closer to Heejin.

"Is that what you've been thinking this entire time?" She sounded hurt not knowing she upset her friend this much. Especially how it wasn't her intention.

"Yeah." "Seriously Heejin? You're acting like I control how people act towards me! I can't believe after everything I've done for you, after all the times I stood up for you, gotten myself IN TROUBLE for you and this is how you're talking to me? I never meant to hurt you Heejin. If you felt so upset you could have just talked to me about this. Normally. I guess us being friends was a huge mistake then. I wasn't trying to make you upset and I would never do such thing and I really thought you knew that. But fine, now I know how you really feel. Plus, I thought as my friend you would be happy for my relationship AT LEAST but you've just been bitter. Don't ever talk to me again."

The whole room went silent.

Yeji got up and wandered off somewhere into the halls. Ryujin got up to run after her.

Seojin was also in the group. He went up to Heejin and made his point clear. "You heard her. Don't talk to Yeji again and stay out of her and our whole friend group's way. 

He walked of back to the group and left Heejin there.

As she finally calmed down, she just realized she finally let out all of her bottle up emotions. Although she felt a little better, she knew she made a mistake. Huge mistake.