• 2

"Okay class dismissed, I'll see you all tomorrow." Yeji got up from her seat in relief. "Thank god. I was about to fall asleep again." "How do you not fail this class and you're never paying attention?" Heejin raised her eyebrow. "I have my ways." The cat eyed girl smirked then proceeded out the door.

"Well I guess I'll see you at lunch Jinni! Bye!" She turned and waved as she walked away to her next class. Heejin sighed then went the opposite way.

______

It was now lunch time and Heejin was headed to the cafeteria. "Wait, is that Yeji?" She squinted her eyes to make sure she was seeing correctly. It was Yeji already at a table eating lunch with some other kids. "Well she looks happy.." Heejin mumbled under her breath. She walked past where Yeji was sitting until she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned around to see you guessed it. Yeji.

"Heejin, sorry but today I'm eating lunch with them. They were nice enough to invite me! I hope you're okay with that. Tomorrow we can eat together. Okay?"

Heejin faked her smile. She was more upset than anything. She felt betrayed in a way. It's not that Yeji can't hang out with others. It's the fact that she didn't realize that Heejin had no one else but her.

"Uh yeah. That's fine." Heejin turned away and exited the cafeteria with tears falling down her checks slowly.

While walking in the halls she came across a staircase. "Looks like I'll be eating here." She sat herself down and took her lunch out of her backpack. She didn't buy lunch at school much since the food was trash 99% of the time. Plus, she didn't want to spend her money.

She zoned out for a couple of seconds until finally taking a bite out of her sandwich. "Now come to think of it, why is Yeji friends with me? Hyeonjae was right. I mean, it is a bit strange. If I were Yeji I'd be a bit embarrassed to be walking around with me." She whispered to herself. People kept passing through the staircase to get where they needed to be, staring at her as if she were an alien. She was used to people seeing her as the weirdo so she wasn't surprised. She just continued to eat her sandwich.

_____

"Hey mom!" "Yeji, how was your day at school?" Yeji threw her body on the couch and turned on the TV. "It was pretty good actually! It was more fun than usual." "That's nice to hear!"

Although Yeji was paying to the television, she couldn't help but notice the amazing smell coming from the kitchen. "Mom what are you making for dinner?" "Kimchi stew." She smiled. "Yes! This has to be one of the best days of my life!" Yeji's mom looked up from the pot and smiled. "Well it's the least I can do for my lovely daughter." Her words made Yeji blush. "Thank youu!" She hugged her mother tightly.