Chapter 1 : Simple Concerns

The truth is, things didn't feel the same too much after the past events. Lately, I've had somewhat of a sense that someone was watching me, but every time I look out a window, no one is there. I decided not to worry too much about the situation, after all, it could be just some stray cat. I sat on my bed, letting myself be consumed by the memory foam underneath. There was a knock at my door.
"Come in!"
The door opened slowly. It was Niles again.
"Hey. How's your night going?"
"That's odd, coming from you."
I gave him a playful smirk. Niles snorts. "Ha ha, very funny."
"Anyway, its going alright. I'm kinda hungry though."
"Well, you got food?"
"Yeah."
"Then eat said food."
"I will do that."
I get up and go to the kitchen, him following behind. I open the freezer and grab the bag of frozen chicken nuggets. I look at Niles. "Hey, I gotta ask you something."
"Sure, ask away."
"Have you ever had a feeling you were being watched the past few weeks?"
"No, I dont think so."
"Hm, that's odd."
I line the nuggets in rows on a baking sheet. Niles crosses his arms.
"You sure that's not just your anxiety kicking in?"
"It could be that."
Niles looks over my shoulder toward the lined up nuggets. "You sure know what you're doing."
"Do you know how to cook?"
"Not really. I can only cook a few things."
"Like what?"
"I can make scrambled eggs, for one."
I smile. "Oh wow!"
Niles smiles. "Yep."
I heard a familiar set of footsteps come toward us. I turn behind me. It's Axol. He wears an eyepatch covering his missing eye, and he wears a red t-shirt with dark blue jeans. I smile. "Hey Axol. Glad that you could join us."
Axol smiles. "I'm glad to be here."
I place the sheet of nuggets in the oven. Axol looks at Niles. "How's she been?"
"Pretty good. She's getting a whole lot better at handling her power."
"That's good."
I set up a timer for the nuggets to cook. I decide to ask Axol what I asked Niles.
"Hey Axol?"
"Yeah?"
"Have you felt like you've been watched the past few weeks?"
"Not really. Why?"
"Oh ok."
"Why?"
"Just asking."
I turn away. Niles was probably right. It must be my anxiety. The timer eventually rings, and I take the nuggets out of the oven. "Yall hungry?"