Chapter 5 : The Ceremony

As my eyes opened slowly, I found myself tied up in a chair, hands behind me and ankles stuck to the legs. The air was thick on my lungs. I look over and see Alfred admiring a mannequin with a brand new dress. He looks at me and smiles. "Ah, you're awake! I just finished your dress and I think it looks wonderful! What do you think?"
He drags the chair near the mannequin for me to have a good look. I have to admit, the dress was really pretty. It was a typical white color with straps along the shoulders and a pink belt around the waist area with a puffy pink fake flower. I stared at the dress and smiled. "Its very lovely, sir.." My words were all slurred. Alfred smiles. "I'm glad you think so as well. The groom will love it too, I hope."
Hm, now I wonder..
"Now, let's get you out so you can change."
Alfred knelt down and untied the ropes. By that point I was able to get up and go around. Alfred then walks over to the door to exit the room. "I'm gonna let you change, meet me out here, alright? I also made you some hair pins."
I fake a smile. "Thanks, sir. I'll do that."
Alfred closes the door. I change out of my night gown to the dress. It fit me perfectly. Wow he really did do some measurements. I put the hair pins into my hair and take a look in the broken mirror nearby. I really do look beautiful, dont I? I swallow some air and open the door where Alfred walked out. There, he was waiting for me. "You look beautiful."
Though I'm trying to put on a facade to throw him off, the compliment gave me a genuine smile. "Thank you so much."
He held out a hand to me. "Come. Your groom awaits."
Hesitantly, I grabbed his hand back. He led me toward a large door. We both opened it together slowly. Behind the door was nothing of what I had expected. The room looked like an altar, in each bench sat many corpses of decaying humans. And on the other side stood Axol, well dressed in a suit with a puffy flower tucked away in the jacket's pocket, and he was sweating (probably because he was afraid for his life). His eye turns to me, I could've sworn I saw his irises sparkle. Alfred nudges my shoulder as we walk over to him. Alfred goes into the shadows right as soon as I reach Axol. I lean in to whisper to him. "The hell are you doing here?"
Axol licks his dry lips before responding.
"I was just put here while I was trying to sleep. This guy kept referring to me as a groom, I think you saw him too."
"Yes I did. And apparently I'm supposed to be the bride here."
"It kinda looks like we're just gonna have to play his game until we get a way out of here."
Behind a podium in between us, a puppet popped out, wearing a priest's outfit. I stared at the puppet with confusion and maybe a bit of annoyance. "A puppet? Seriously?"
"We couldn't find any other people to fit the role."
"Mr Alfred, cant you do the job yourself?"
"I'm a dress designer not a God worshipper."
I had to repress the laughter I wanted to let out from that statement. But I was able to calm down and let the puppet "priest" do its thing. I look over at Axol for a moment, he has hold of my hands. After a bit of words, the puppet goes away for a moment, coming back with a pillow with two rings on it.
"We're supposed to put those on?"
"Yeah, on each other."
"Suurree."
And we did, they had surprisingly fit our fingers perfectly. If I remember correctly, this is where we kiss after a few other words. As said, the "priest" gave us a cue to kiss. We were of course hesitant, but right as we leaned toward each other, there was a loud sound coming from the altar's entrance. The three of us turned our attention to the door. "What was that?"
I go to the door, but Alfred grabs my wrist. "No need to check it out, let's just continue the ceremony!"
Axol burst in. "But sir, what if its a potential threat? What if they ruin the wedding?"
Who knew Axol could play the facade so well? "You're starting to sound like me, Axol."
He chuckles and shrugs. "I'm telling you, it's nothing. Its probably some drunkard in the building stumbling over random shit."
The noise was getting.. above us? I look up and see two long hands extend to me and pull me into the roof. "Woah, hey!"
One hand covers my mouth while the other lights up a lighter. Turns out it was Niles who dragged me up. "Niles!"
"Shush! Be right back."
He crawls over to where Axol is and pulls him upward into the roof too. I hear Alfred scream "hey!" at us. I crawl over to them. "Where the hell have you been?"
"Mr I-decide-to-kidnap-people-and-make-them-marry took me as well, though he thought I wasn't good for any role in his game so he tried to kill me. I was able to make a break for it and hide in the vents."
"Alfred really seems to have a thing with us."
"Yeah no shit. Now we better get out of here if we dont want to be dead meat."
We both nod and follow Niles across the vents. It was quiet, other than the sound of the gentle wind of air stroking its way through the slits. Niles turned to us and cringes at the sight of our fancy attire. "I see he's already got you two in on his game."
"Yeah, but you kinda interrupted us."
"Well someone's gotta prevent you from death. Honestly don't see why you couldn't have just killed him then and there."
If anything, I had a good reason to. I was a little worried about losing control again. Well, a little is a bit of an understatement. Though I've gotten better at handling my Fierce Deity power as far as strength and when to use it goes, there are still times when I end up on the verge of going on a rampage. We've been working on that lately, before all of this. How to control it when it happens. I take a bit of a breath and sigh. "Yeah, probably."