Chapter 9 : A Small Battle

We approach the cafeteria. Hiro was no longer there. Axol popped his container open.
"Alright, Mel, pour your gas."
"Got it."
I open my container as well and spill the contents all over the room. I tried to make sure the gas also went outside the room so it can spread to the other areas faster. Once my tank was empty, I looked at Axol, who was filling the rest of the room. I coughed at the stench of the gas. Niles looked around for an exit. No explicit exit, but there were windows we can crawl through. Niles opened one of them up. "Alright, let's do this."
"Not so fast."
The three of us looked at the entrance, Hiro is there, slouched into his regular posture. He walked to us. "Before you go, can we at least have a little fun?"
"Fun? What kind of fun?"
"Lets battle. It can really get the adrenaline pumping."
I cross my arms. "Well if it'll get you to shut up."
"I mean, after all this, like everyone else in this hellhole, I'll definitely shut up for good."
"Well, where will we get weapons?"
Suddenly, Hiro takes off his sweater and opens a hatch on his chest. Inside were machetes. "Anyone?"
"I'll take one."
Axol raises his hand as Hiro tosses one at him. He catches it with a bit of a stumble.
"I dont need one."
I summon my sword.
"Me neither." Niles says.
"I see. Well."
His hands transform into lazer guns, just like Soy's did oh so long ago.
"Lets fight."
Niles eyes glowed a darker purple. He turned to me. "Remember your training."
I nod and take a few breaths. I felt myself begin to transform. Hiro smirks. "Huh, impressive."
He charges a shot toward me. Niles telepathically grabs a chair and throws it at him. Hiro rolls away, laughing. My new form is complete. I swing my sword at Hiro. My sword lodges into his shoulder. He smiles.
"You really are as strong as she says you are."
"She hasn't seen anything. Plus, you're just weaker than her, it seems."
"I can tell. She gave you that scar. Even my lazers wouldn't go far as to burn a layer of skin."
Axol sneaks up behind him and thrusts his machete through his head. I look over at him.
"Nice job!"
Axol smiles. Hiro turns to him.
"Now what was the point of that?"
"I mean the opportunity was open wide."
"I guess thats fair but its my turn."
He charges up his lazer. I swing my sword at his neck, it gets stuck. Hiro screams as the oil pumps out. "Ow! That hurt!" He makes an attempt to swing a punch at me, but I move away, letting go of my sword stuck into him.
"I got this."
Niles holds his hands out to try and pull my sword out of his neck telepathically. I hold my hand in front of him. "No need. I got this."
I charge toward Hiro, grabbing my sword and pulling it out without delay."Woah."
Without another word, I swung my sword at Hiro again, this time decapitating him. I stared as his head rolled along the ground and changed back to normal. "That was easier than I thought."
"Hell yeah it was. You're practically overpowered!"
"I dont know if I should take that as a compliment or insult."
Axol waved his arms around in defense, blushing deeply. "It's a compliment dont worry!"
We both laughed. Niles smiled at us. I look at him. "Now can we burn the building?"
"Yeah, let's go."
Me and Axol continued to get to work, but Niles just stood around. He seemed like he had something he wanted to say. I turn to him, furrowing my eyebrows in concern.
"Niles? Is something wrong?"
"Ah, no, no. Not really. But, there is something I would like to say before we leave."
Axol set down his Jerry can and turned to Niles as well.
"Sure, man. Go ahead."
Niles sighs and clenches his fists. "Here goes nothing."