Chapter 6 : Postponement

"So basically you're saying the only way we're allowed out of here is if we destroy the place?"
"Pretty much."
"That's a little low, especially since its coming from the guy running the place."
Niles crosses his arms. I nod.
"It is weird, but if its what we have to do, I'd be down for it."
"But with what?"
Axol tilts his head.
"My plan is that we try and find some materials to burn the place down. Like some gasoline or something."
"And where are we gonna find gasoline?"
"If anything, most likely some storage room. But we'll need to look around."
"Of course."
We started off again, our footsteps making the floor creak. One thing I love about my dress is that there's fluff in the inside of it so it makes me warm from the cold air surrounding us. I grabbed onto Axol's hand. He looked at me with a smile. "Didnt expect to get married at the ripe age of 18, didn't you?"
"Nope, not at all. Plus, this is fake, not real silly!"
Axol chuckles. Niles smiled at us. We passed by another picture of Hiro and Soy, except there were two hands placed on their shoulders. Niles stared at the photo, observing nearly every detail.
"Niles?"
"Sorry, is that Hiro?"
He pointed at him. I nodded.
"Just making sure."
"Oookay?"
We continued to walk. I felt myself get a little dizzy, so I sat down near a flight of stairs. Axol looks at me. "Tired?"
"Yeah, a little."
Axol sits down beside me.
"We can rest for a bit. What do you say, Niles?"
"Yeah."
Niles sat to my right. I rested my head on Axol's lap and sat there until my eyes grew heavy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I gently ran my fingers through Melony's hair as she was peacefully snoring on my lap. Niles looked at me. "Hey, may I ask, how long have you known her?"
"Hmm, I'd say about 2-3 years now. Why?"
"No reason, just wondering."
"I see."
Silence bloomed against us. I frowned. I didnt feel too confident of the fact that Melony's practically mastered her Fierce Deity power. With the way things have been, someone, anyone could try and steal it. I look at Niles.
"Psst, can i ask you a favor?"
"Sure, whats up?"
"Please stop training with Melony."
"Huh?"
"You heard me. Look, I appreciate the fact that you're trying to help, but who knows? Some space creature might try and take her powers away. She's stronger than anything I've ever seen before and I'm just.. worried, okay?"
Niles stared at me for a moment. The hair covering his face shifts for a moment, but he puts it back to where it was before. His surprised expression then turned into bursts of laughter.
"What's so funny?"
"Oh, I thought you were being serious for a moment there!"
"I am."
"Oh you are? Then I'm just gonna say that the paranoia is just talking."
"Maybe."
"That, or you just watch too many movies."
I chuckle. "That too."
"However, I understand why you would think that."
"You do?"
"Yeah. Paranoia can sometimes be a response to the need to protect others. And Melony, she's definitely one for protection, especially from you."
"Well, I wouldn't say that. Not entirely, at least. She's gotten stronger, and more independent the past year. I guess that I'm only really worried because.. I'm afraid of what would happen if I'm not there to protect her again."
My eyes moved downward to Melony, who was still sleeping. "I'm worried of what would happen if I'm too late."
He places his hand on my shoulder. "Hey man, I understand. I've been in this situation before. It sucks, but you can't let that fear overwhelm you to the point of weakness."
He placed a finger on my heart before patting my back.
"Yeah, I guess."
"It'll be fine. This'll all fly away soon once we bring this Hiro bitch to his knees."
I nod. "Yeah."
I guess we'll be okay.