Chapter 13 : A Second Chance

[Melony's POV]

"Wow, what a way to die."
My eyes open, my vision very blurry. I'm back in the void again, but this time, a lady about my age stood before me. She had long beautiful black hair, a beige jacket unzipped halfway to reveal a blue t-shirt, and a torn skirt. One noticeable feature was that her eyes weren't shown, they were shaded away, and that her neck was slit open and endlessly bleeding. Could she be a ghost?
"Ahm, yeah. I guess you can say that. Who are you?"
"A lot of people call me Stella. And you're Melony, if I remember correctly."
"How do you know?"
"Dont you remember that robot from over a year ago?"
I look at her.
"So you're..?"
She nods. "Mhm. I'm her human ghost."
"I see."
I look down at myself. My skin is pale, and I too had an endlessly bleeding wound, right in my chest. My throat became dry.
"I'm dead.."
"Yes, you are."
Silence fell between us. Before I knew it, I started to wail, blabbering a bunch of nonsense vents toward my ghost companion. She knelt in front of me and put her hands on my shoulders.
"Hey, hey its alright."
She wiped my tears away. "It happens to all of us eventually."
I wanted to argue, but all that can come out was "Axol..". Stella smiled. "Ah yes, that axolotl."
I nod.
"Hey, if this makes you better, I'm gonna say it right now."
She stands up, holding her hand out. I grab it and she helps me get up too.
"Now."
She crosses her arms. "What was it that Axol had said to you before you died? 'I will not let you die'?"
I nod.
"And you were created by a magic mask, correct?"
"How are you knowing all of this?"
"I've lived in your conscienceness for about a year. I've created knowledge from the memories you've got, both as a watermelon and as a human."
"Gotcha. Continue."
"Anyway, if we put two and two together.." She holds up one finger from both of her hands and links them together. "..Then its safe to say that Axol will definitely try and buy another mask from that man who had it previously."
"Are you sure?"
"Am I sure?? That man loves you with all his heart. He'll do anything to ensure your safety! Even if you believe that you deserve death, Axol isn't going to allow it. He already knew beforehand that all he needs to do to give you another chance at life is to get another mask."
I rub my arm, still gazing into Stella's faded face.
"Anyway, enough of that."
She holds up her hand. A teapot and two cups float toward us. I step back at the sight.
"Care for tea?"
"Ahm, yeah. Wait can we even drink anything as ghosts?"
"Honey, you can do almost anything as a ghost."
"I see."
Stella handed me a tea cup. I felt the rim of the cup with my finger. The floating kettle began to pour some white substance into Stella's cup first before moving to fill mine up.
"So, do you have any questions? Ask me anything."
"Yeah. To start off, is Niles Zero's reincarnate? Do you know?"
"Not really. In fact, he isnt even Zero at all."
That statement surprised me. "How is that possible? He had his one eye and everything??"
"I dont know everything, but all I do know is that Niles isn't Zero."
"I see. Well, I guess it makes sense now considering I already saw Zero pass on after I killed Soy. Or, technically you."
"Exactly. And Niles is now dead."
"Seriously?"
"Mhm. I hear his blood drop from in here."
Odd, I dont hear anything.
"Any other questions?"
"Are there more corrupted figures out there?"
"As far as I know of, the only thing left is the God Box."
"God Box?"
"Once you reincarnate, ask the Box Club at your college about it. They know everything."
I drink my strangely flavored tea. God Box.. Hmmm..