CHAPTER: 05

Months passed. I didn't find him so I assumed that hoodie now belongs to me. It was huge and super comfy, I wore it on the days I wasn't feeling well. Only at the home, not outside. I didn't want him to see me in his clothes even by mistake.

It was a normal morning. I was having my breakfast while scrolling through instagram. My hands tapping on the memes I liked, I lazily ate my breakfast loosing the track of time. Until, my phone begins to ring.
Mom was calling.
I picked up, putting the phone on speaker.

"Have you left for the college?" Mom asks that suddenly brought my attention to the clock in my room which I never looked at in past two years. My eyes widen.
"Yeah, I'm on the way. Why do you ask?"
"I was just asking, I had the gut you would miss school,"
"Aish you called for that don't worry mom, I'm on the bus." I blantly lied. I look around in the house for my hoodie because I cannot just go to college in spaghetti strap clothing.
"Really isn't it way to quite?" She asks.
"Mom, There is no traffic jam so why would there be any sound," I ask grabbing the nearest hoodie I could get.
"Oh okay, and are you having food on time?"
"Yeah mom," I answer wearing it. I rush out of the house in hurry. I was more scared of my mom scolding me on phone than I was from the professor. I just talked to her little lying and lying so she trusts me. I don't get it how do mom's have such guts.

That was how my morning started, I reached my class. Thankfully the professor was still not there and so I sit in my usual place beside Soobin. He looks at me, staring for a moment.
He doesn't speak, "Hi." I akwardly wave my hand.
"Hi," He says dragging the 'I' word for a moment and staring at my clothes. I was staring at his veiny hands.

"Is there something wrong?" I ask.
"Um, I didn't expect you like men's wear? Narae?!" He says and I look down to notice myself wearing the hoodie. I thought I'd never wear. I laugh, "Well, this hoodie was comfy and nice so I wore it today, Hahahaha!"
He raises his eyebrows as if he understands what I meant, but suddenly smirks. It was so quick that I doubt if I did see him or I was only thinking. I look in front as the professor walks inside. I glance down at my clothes one last time before cringing.

"Today I'll be giving you assignment you have to do it with your assigned partners," Professor announces.

Everyone sighs hearing. They look at the professor. "I have pinned who will be partnered with on the green board."

He shared on what chapter we had to make assignment. It was research work and now I was itching to run towards the green board to see who is my partner. The class came to an end, I run up to the board pushing myself in the front. Someone push me away, I stumble back falling. I closed my eyes thinking I'd fall.

Instead, my back crashed in someone's chest. They slide their arms around my waist groaning.

"Are you alright?" Soobin asks. I slowly open my eyes and I see his face extremely close to mine. While, my head rested on his chest from back. His breaths brushing my neck sending chills down my spine. Suddenly, I realized how close we were. I jerked away from him.

"I'm sorry, sorry!" I stammer. He was still looking at me.
"It's ok-okayI was looking for you anyways," He starts. I point index finger at myself and he nods.
"I have already seen the board, you're my partner," He points at himself. It took a minute for me to process because the way his lips curled while saying looked too cute.
"Really? That's great, I thought if I was assigned with other guy I would have been in problem but it's you," I chimed. He looked at me weirdly.
"Like don't get me wrong, I just feel comfortable around you," I don't even know where this was coming from? It sounded like I was flirting with him. I hope he doesn't catch it.

He stare at me with blank expression. He raises his, "Thanks," I sigh awkwardly. He is just so innocent. I've never seen someone like him in my life. I notice he had rolled up sleeves and his veiny arm was showcased. I lost my breath.
Date me please, I want to hold your hands!

• • •

I texted Lucas asking him how his day is going. When a hand suddenly slides around my neck. I jolt looking back. Somi was smiling, Somi is the most popular girl in the department.

"Hey Narae!"
"Hey?"
"Are you texting your boy bsf?" She asks looking at my phone and nod.
"Yeah just asking about his day," I reply quickly. I don't why she keeps asking about Lucas everyday. I mean, from the day he came to my university to give me birthday gifts. Many people asked me about him but no one kept passively asking about him like her.

"Oh you see my birthday is coming it's on Saturday and I have called many people, I was wondering would you like to come like with um, Uh, Lucas," She asks looking other way. I went silent for a while. She looked kind of desperate.
"It's alright you know you can come alone, not like I am forcing,"
"It's alright I understand I'll ask him about it though he doesn't like it much but let's, let's see," I shurg my shoulder smiling.

"Oh great then I'll text you address after finalising,"
"Yep sure!"

A birthday party? I hope I don't go to jail this time.