CHAPTER: 38

I stepped out of the office, when I met my brother. He was standing smiling sheepishly. A sigh escaped my lips and I glared at him. He was standing here to listen our conversation.

"I wasn't eavesdropping,"
"Sure you weren't!" I snapped and walked away.
"Narae!"
"Stop oppa! I'm not a kid anymore. Why do you have to invade my privacy?"
"I didn't-"
"Stop it. You've been doing it subtly ever since I've returned. I get it you're worried for me. Don't be so worried that it restricts my very movement!!" I said and turned around.
"NARAE!!"
He beckoned me, but I ignored him and turned right from the corner getting out of his sight. He is always like this. Always monitoring me, I'm so done with this kind of behaviour.

"Aigoo. The first thing coming here I saw my kids fighting." A voice struck me from behind. I stop to look back. And, right behind Jisung stood the woman who birthed me. My mother, my eyes widen when I saw her standing on the territory she promised she'd never set her feet on.

"Mom?!" Me and Jisung called her in confusion in chorus.

Her lips curl in a beautiful smile, she sets her gaze at us opening her arms. I ran to hug her I bumped into Jisung and we both glared at each other before being squeezed into the hug by mom.

"My kids..." Her voice cracked, she higs us tightly. Her guava scent filling my nostrils putting my angry heart at ease.

"Ugh! I'm late!!" I hear my dad whining and we pull away looking at our young looking dad glaring at us playfully. Before, he smiled and walks to my mom and mom walks to him before they hug each other tightly before kissing. I and brother look at them in shock and then looked at each other's face. Our mom and dad divorced 12 years back. Though both of them look like they are in their 20s. It's been long, they had a big fight. They are hugging. What's happening?

"Bro... what is happening here?" I asked.
"I have no idea...but," He stops and I saw a big smile on his face. I looked back at our parents they were looking at us with a smile.
"Come inside kids, we have to tell you something."

When divorces happens a lot of feelings and emotions get supressed a family is completely destroyed. When they got divorced. I lost all the hopes of meeting my brother and dad again, enjoying the morning breakfast with them.

We settled on the sofa opposite to the one mom and dad were sitting on entwining their hands. After much hesitation, mom finally spoke.

"Since, Narae turned out to be a werewolf too. I think we can tell you this," She began and me and Jisung exchanged curious glances before looking back at mom.

"The actual reason we divorced wasn't because we fell out of love, but we wanted to protect Narae." Dad adds. It took me a whole damn minute to process what they just said because it is full of absurdity. I narrow my eyes looking at them with scrutiny.

"What?" Was all I could utter cause there were millions of questions in my mind and I couldn't even think of forming one question to ask them. Why because of me? I have to stay away from ghem just because of this reason. If only they didn't divorced I wouldn't have gone through so much. I wouldn't have to follow mom to New York. I wouldn't have to try fitting in the crowd. Why do they even needed to protect me? My head was dizzy thinking so much. And, all those memories of seperation I had faced at the young age reappeared in my mind. The image of me being bullied by those racist kids at school, trying so hard to fit in I couldn't tell anyone about all of that. I thought, I'll burden mom who was busy earning money to feed me. A laugh escaped my lips, tears filled my eyes.

"I see," I replied, I could feel my Jisung hand on top of mine, trying to comfort me. I looked at him, I looked at dad and then lastly at mom.

Mom sighs, "Please don't blame yourself honey, it wasn't because of you. All we did was to protect you-"
I got up, "No worries! I completely understand, but I need sometime because this reason of yours ruined my childhood. Was there really no other way. Other than seperating from each other like this?" I asked holding back my tears.

They fell silent, I turned around. The warm tear falling down my eyes and I walked to the door.

"I need sometime alone," I opened the door and stepped out of the room.
"Narae!" I heard them calling me. I ignored them and walked away.

I made my way outside the mansion towards the woods as I began increasing my pace. Stepping inside the woods, I began to run. The pain in my chest spread in my entire body, I felt as if the bones of my entire body was cracking up. This is crazy, I came here why? Why is my body hurting like this? Tears freely falling down my eyes, my feet thumping against the ground my pace increasing. Breaking every twig under my feet the sharp edges of leaves leaving cuts on my legs. I couldn't care any less, I ran until, I came across the same stream. I panted slowing down my pace. I couldn't really see clearly because of the tears. I slowly reached the bank.

My tears finally stopped, sobbing I looked at my face in the reflection of the clean water. My breath hitched the moment I saw myself in the reflection, my heart beating furiously. My face....? What I saw in the reflection was a white fur wolf with a snout. I have shifted? I could see the white fur covering my face. I looked down at my hand, I saw paws. I looked back at the way I came here. I began to slowly walk back and saw my clothes on the ground, completely torn and shredded into pieces.

I have shifted.