CHAPTER: 33

I stepped out of the car. My eyes caught the sight of the wilderness before me. Waterfall, the water rushing down, it's sound almost deafening. I looked at my brother and smiled. Suddenly, my eyes met Jeongin's eyes. He smiled with a charming smile, I smiled in a sheepish manner.

And, looked back in the wilderness. My brother opens the trunk. I walked to his side, Lucas beside me and Somi. All of us taking out picnic table, portable table. The food basket and an umbrella.

The picnic table was set up, it felt like one of those Disney movie picnic. The calm and peaceful nature, my brother playing with Lucas and Jeongin. I and Somi chatting, I hate it. I want to spend more time with Soobin. I hope he doesn't get caught. There are certain reasons, Why I hated my family and everyone I knew. My family thinks what they chose is the best for me. I grew up sheltered in their shadows. I love them very much, but when I'm home or close to them. I feel suffocated. I try to always stay away. 

I made one wrong decision doesn't mean that whatever I'll do now all will be wrong. I sighed thinking of it, just few days more once I find out about myself. I can leave the pack house. I can return to college and enjoy my normal life. I reassured myself, when suddenly Somi gets up.

"Where are you going?"
"I was thinking of taking some pictures the scenery is so good!" She said, and I nod, She walks away to the waterfall. And I was sitting alone. My brother and Lucas followed Somi. Jeongin stands there alone, sweat trickling down his face. He smiles at my brother and Lucas who were all jumpy and happy. Then, His gaze falls at me. I smiled. He walks towards me and sits on the bench opposite to me.

"Aren't you going to take photos?" Jeongin asked, "I shake my head." 
I'm not interested. It's ruined my mood since my photos don't turn out well. "

He suddenly takes out his phone. He quickly points the camera at me and clicks a picture. I flinch, an unwanted memory popping in my head. I used to hear these picture clicking sounds when that crazy stalker followed me around taking my pictures. Then, Jeongin turns the screen towards me.

"Look, I don't think it's bad." I said, and I looked at his face and back at his phone.
It was a candid pic. My eyes widened. The background of trees and a stream made it look ethereal.

"It did turn out well. Which phone is it? I think the camera is good, " 
It's the XXX brand. I do think the camera is good. Today you look pretty. Why are you wearing a high-neck in the summer right now? " Jeongin asks, his eyes squinting. His voice was deep and gentle.
I smile sheepishly, "I just felt like wearing it. I don't feel really cold. " Of course, I can't let people see the hickeys and bite marks Soobin left on my neck and shoulders.
"Oh, whatever." You look pretty as always. 
"Thanks...." I reply.

My heart feels uneasy with compliments. He gazed at the stream, his eyes lighting up with the reflection of sunlight on water. He suddenly smiles. What's wrong with him?
"When you were a kid, you'd dive into the water and drench all of us. Then, Aunty would scold you, but you would still do the same thing every time we came here. "I did; my mom did tell me that I was very notorious before losing my memory," she finally admitted.

When Jeongin looked at me, his expression was unreadable. He suddenly gets up and leans forward. As my heart beats furiously, he touches the crown of my head. Then, a leaf appears in his hand. I had a leaf on my head. My eyes focused on his face and his eyes, and I saw the yellowish glint in them. It actually intrigued me to forget the world. But, his question brought me back.
When did you get into the accident? After leaving here? " 

"Yeah, two years after we settled in America.
I got hit on the head by the glass bottle. My mom said it was when I was trying to protect a kid. I don't really remember. I was told that. " 
"I see," 
"I pretty much forgot everything, but I started recalling after going home." When my dad and brother visited me from time to time.

He nods. It came to my mind. My conversation with him last time We didn't complete it. He extended his hand suddenly. His face told me he wanted me to keep my hands in his. I didn't ask, I just placed my hands in his. He closed his eyes. I felt this weird tingling sensation in my hand. I didn't say anything and concentrated on our hands, trying to figure out what was going on. When Jeongin opens his eyes, his eyes are a bright golden colour before going back to normal black eyes.

"I feel your phermones have grown since the last time we met. At the rate at which it's growing, you'll be able to manifest your wolf form very soon," he said, and I narrowed my eyes. As if he had read my mind, he started the same conversation that I wanted. How?

"Can phermones grow on their own?"
"Sometimes it can. Sometimes, like in the case of yours, phermones can also grow if exposed to the sexual phermones of other parties. It just affects the body. " 

Huh? Does he know Soobin is here? I thought momentarily that Soobin was using his phermones, but he used some kind of spell that hides his smell on my body, so no one finds out that he is here.

"I don't think I'm exposed to any pheromones right now." I give him a puzzled look.
"I know. It's because you are able to generate it on your own. It's a good sign! " He chimed. 

That's a good sign, my ass. The guy who marked me is just horny AF, nothing else.

"I see. When do you think I will be able to shift? " 
"If this goes on, maybe till the next full moon!" 
"Full moon? Wait! It's in a week!!! " I exclaimed, and he nodded.
You mean to say I'll be able to shift in possibly a week?! It's crazy. "

We fell in silence, while my brain was registering the fact. I will become a werewolf. I have no idea where this is going. This is the butterfly effect of my wanting to change. My mind was jumbled with all these thoughts.