Yuseff X

Buzz... Buzz... Buzz...

My alarm was going, only this time, I was already awake. I sat on my bed, tying my shoes. A few weeks had passed since Ymir had come back to Khito.

"You don't have to give me an answer now." he told me, "I'm heading back to Kraai in a month. Let me know by then."

Well my month was almost up. I didn't know what to tell him. I definitely wanted to run away, move out to Deupoint with Ymir and start a new life.

But I can't. Can I?

There was a knock on my door. It was Hassir.

"Yuey!" he called, "Mr. Ymir is here."

"Shit." I mumbled to myself, "Alright. I'm coming."

"'Yuey'?" he asked.

"Shut up."

We walked for about half an hour.

"So." Ymir finally said, "Got an answer yet?"

"Not yet."

"Not yet?" Ymir repeated, "It's been three weeks now."

"And you said I have until you leave." I snapped, "That's another four days." Ymir looked away.

"I'm sorry." I sighed, "I know you want an answer, but it's a big decision for me."

"I know," he replied, "It's just I want you to make sure you really think about this."

"And I am." I assured him, "I think about it every day." When we got to the shop, I unlocked the door.

"Listen." Ymir said, "I'm sorry for bringing it up. Call me later. I've got the hotel room to myself, we can have lunch." Ymir's family had traveled back to Kraai already. He had decided to stay a little longer, waiting for my answer.

"I will." I said with a smile, "I'll see you later." We hugged and he left.

The day went on normally. We had our usual morning customers, but as noon approached, the shop was dead as a doorknob. I looked at the clock.

"11:53. Almost lunch time." I walked over to the window and reached for the 'Closed for Lunch' sign when I heard a thud come from the back of the store.

"What was that?" I asked. Another thud.

"Who's there?" I didn't remember anyone walking in for the past fifteen minutes. I quickly made my way behind the counter. I reached down and grabbed a khopesh. Akil kept it under the counter just in case we had robbers. Abdul always insisted on a gun, but Akil never liked them.

As I wrapped my hands on the hilt, I could feel my arms shaking. I slowly made my way to the back of the store. As sweat poured down the back of my neck, I crept up to the aisle where the sound came from. I peered around the corner to try and get a look. Then, something ran into me, knocking me flat on my back.

SQUUEEEEEE!!!

I looked up and saw a pig running away. I chased it around the store, but the big guy was much faster than he looked. He crashed through the door and down the street.

"Fuck!" I exclaimed, "Where'd that come from?" I sighed and turned to walk back into the store and looked at the broken door.

"Akil's gonna kill me." As I turned, I noticed how dark it was getting. I caught a glimpse of the sun in a nearby puddle. I turned back around and looked up at the sky.

"An eclipse? But the moon's supposed to be full soon-" As I stared, I found myself unable to look away. For a second, that eclipse was all I could see. That black orb with white light radiating from its sides. It took up my entire view. My grip on the sword tightened as I fell to my knees. I heard a faint voice calling my name. Then, I blacked out.