Yuseff XLIV

Okay, I'd like to preface this with saying I am grateful for the gift that Ife gave me. I am happy I'm alive, and this Willpower shit, top notch. Gives me a great boost in strength. However, I really do envy these Maiors. I mean, come on! The ability to shoot fire from your fucking hands? That's some cool shit. It's very annoying and difficult to fight against, but hell, I'd love to be able to do that.

Honestly, most of the time all I could do was dodge that woman's fire blasts. My shield was made from metal. Metal that was very good at conducting heat. I swear I thought my arm might burn off after I blocked her fifth attack. I tried my best to close in on her, but her sidekick kept blowing me back. After a while, shit was getting aggravating. If I were to end this fight, I needed to take him out first. I summoned my bow and took aim.

"Coup" He shouted as he tried to blow my arrow away. It was able to pierce right through his attack, but the wind blew it just off course enough to only graze his shoulder. The woman jumped in front of him.

"Sebatian, get back." she said.

"I'm alright, Claire" he replied, grabbing his shoulder.

"No." she continued, "Fall back to the rendezvous point."

"Not gonna happen." he said, "This is the reason we became Maiors in the first place." he took a step forward, "To kill the Mauvais." A white circle formed at his feet. He took a stance and I could feel power radiating from him.

"Alright." she replied. "Let's make this quick." She joined him with an incantation of her own.

"Premier etape: Coup de Vent"

"Premier etape: L'enfer"

The wind around us began to pick up. I could feel their emi leaking out. I looked towards Jahmal. Sun had ordered the soldiers to fall back to the base and tend to the wounded while Fatima and the Zhanshi went ahead to search for the other two Maiors. It was just the four of us here.

"Yuseff." he said, "I got your back."

I nodded.

I turned back towards the Maiors and summoned my armor. They may have been releasing large amounts of emi, but I had more in me. I wasn't going to lose this fight. I pulled my mask down on my face and activated my Willpower. The pink markings danced down my body and up across my mask. I summoned my khopesh and shield. Just as I did, Sebatian made his move.

"Brise" he said. In an instant, he was above me, sword slashing down. I raised my shield just in time to block. The ground cracked beneath me as his blade sent a shockwave through my body. I pushed back and he flipped midair, landing a few meters away. I charged him and we clashed swords. Suddenly, Claire was behind me.

Her legs were covered in flames. She roundhouse kicked me in the back, sending me flying into a car. I got up just in time to dodge a wave of air heading directly for me. I leaped to the side as it sliced through the car. When I landed, I found myself in the middle of a red incantation circle.

"Fumee!" she yelled. The ground glowed white hot as flames erupted from the concrete. I quickly jumped up and placed my shield underneath me.

"Yuseff!" Jahmal called. I landed a few meters back, covered in soot and slightly burned. Half of my mask was blown away. I could feel my breaths getting heavier. These two were pushing me. But I wasn't done just yet. I summoned my bow and fired off a few arrows towards Claire. Sebatian jumped in. He parried the first two, but I willed the last one to change its trajectory, curving around his blade and hitting him right in his arm. He stumbled back into her. I took my chance.

I lunged for him, ready to slice down with my khopesh, but he held his hand up and blasted me with air. It wasn't enough to blow me away, but it propelled them both back, dodging my attack. I have to admit, they were pretty good.