Leo XXVII

"AAACK!" Pierre threw me to the ground.

"Shit." Olin said, backing up to me. "Come on, get up."

"I'm alright." I replied, standing back up, "Thanks for asking."

A little more than three weeks had gone by since we gained our abilities. Over the past days, we've been fighting, honing our skills. It was amazing how much we've grown in such a short span of time. I overheard Pierre and Renee talking while we were on break.

"It's remarkable." she said, "Only ten days ago they could barely put up a fight. Now they're keeping pace with an experienced premier etape."

"This is much faster than any normal Maior could do." Pierre said, "Think it might have to do with what Hollice said?"

What Hollice said?

"It has to be." she replied, "No other way to explain it. We'll find out when we get to the temple. For now, let's keep pressing them."

Back in the training area, we were trying to keep up with Pierre. This time I was paired with Olin. He was my brother and all, but it seemed like ever since he got his powers, he was a nightmare to fight with. Charging in with no regard for himself or me. Made me wish I was back with Jackie.

"Bala." I yelled, pointing my falcata towards Pierre. A volley of water bullets shot towards him.

"Protéger." Pierre raised his arms and a stone wall formed in front of him, blocking the attack. He looked up and saw Olin in the air.

"Eclater!" he yelled. A column of flames shot from his hands down towards Pierre, who quickly dodged and aimed back at him.

"Think your attacks all the way through Olin." he said, "Brindille." A javelin shot from the incantation straight towards Olin.

"Fuck!" Olin raised his saber to parry.

"Canalón!" A gust of water shot up into the air, intercepting the projectile. Olin landed next to me.

"You alright?" I asked.

"I had it." he replied.

"Sure."

"You two must be getting tired." Pierre said, "It's almost time for dinner. Let's make a deal. If you can land a direct hit on me in the next five minutes, we can call it quits for the day, but if not, no food."

"Deal!" Olin responded quickly.

"Wait wait wait." I interjected, "I'd rather just continue on and just eat later than risk it. It'll be too hard right now."

"Whatever chicken." Olin said, "Just stand back and don't get in my way. I'll land that hit." He took a step closer to Pierre. He stabbed his sword into the ground and a dark red incantation circle formed around his feet.

"Premier Etape: L'incendie"

Fire shot up from the ground. In an instant, Olin moved towards Pierre and the two were clashing swords.

"Good start." he said, "But how long can you keep it up?"

Olin unleashed a flurry of attacks, but Pierre was able to block every swing as if it was nothing. His experience as a Maior was apparent. If this was him going easy on us, I couldn't imagine seeing him in an actual fight.

"Come on Olin." he said, "You can't hope to hit me like this."

"I'm just getting started!" Olin replied, "Ambre!" He threw his sword to the ground and his fist became encased in flames. He threw jab after jab at him, all failing to hit.