Olin XXXV

Fuuuuccckkkk meeeeee

My mother used to show me loads of aerodynamic diagrams when I was younger. Yet, the thought never crossed my mind on how aerodynamic I was. [Not so much it seems.] I was halfway across the base before I really even realized what had just happened.

"Maitrise"

I summoned flames to help guide myself back to the ground. I crashed hard into some crates in a courtyard, but other than a few scratches, I was fine. I rose from the debris and looked around for the old man. Zhao had landed a few meters from me. I immediately began firing barrages of flames at my assailant, which he effortlessly dodged. [Took a big hit to my pride in my abilities honestly.] He was moving closer to me.

"So young." he said, drawing his sword.

"Premier Etape: L'incendie"

I engulfed my sabre in flames and ran for the old man. Zhao blocked all of my attacks, as if my flames had no effects on him. It made no sense to me. Air was weak to fire. My flames should be overpowering him. But then, I noticed, as soon as our blades crossed, my flames had a slight flicker and shifted away from him. He was blowing the flames with just enough wind to move them, but not so much that the oxygen fuelled it over what he could handle.

But to do that?

That much command over one's element? It was clear that this man was too powerful for me to face now. But still, I wouldn't give up. I couldn't. I had come a long way from that bar. It's been almost two months since I left my old life. Ever since becoming a Maior, I felt as if my life took on a whole new meaning. And Hollice gave me that meaning. He's been watching over me since I was just a kid. It's thanks to him I am the warrior I am today.

He did it all so that I could help him in the fight against Menthu and his supporters. I had a purpose. Even Muu herself came to me, guided me. She chose me, Hollice chose me. I couldn't fail here.

I wasn't

I focussed more on my flames.

"Chaud"

The fire on my sword turned blue and rose. Zhao had no choice but to back away.

"Impressive." he said, "But how long can you keep it up?" He pointed his sword at me and spoke his spell. But I was ready. I practiced with Sebatian. I understood how I could use his spells to my own advantage. With the right counter, I could turn the tides of the fight.

"Fugai"

The air shimmered. I waited for the attack, but it seemed as if he did nothing. He stood there and smiled, sheathing his sword. My breaths became quicker. He acted as if he had already won. I may have been new, but he couldn't count me out just yet. I decided to charge him.

The flames on my sword grew with intensity as I took each step. But as soon as I brought my sabre to him, it bounced back. I staggered and recoiled. I swung again, but no change. I placed my hand up and could feel a wall between us. The air was so dense I would have mistaken it as brick.

"What is this?" I yelled. But he just tilted his head, like he couldn't hear me. I jumped back and pointed my sword towards him. He just looked down, as if ashamed. His look just angered me even more. I was going to blast through that wall and incinerate him. I could feel my emi flowing through me. My incantation circle formed at the tip of my blade. Its red light flickered to life, reflecting off the steel. I looked up at Zhao, but he had turned away.

He turned his back on me?
I was going to show this smug mother fucker. With all my might, I summoned my strongest, hottest flames.

"Couver!"