Chapter 12: A homecoming.

After the events of last night you were glad to get some rest, all things considered you were surprised just how well you slept. You awoke around noon to the pained moans of those you arrested yesterday, ignoring the pain inflicted by the bullet in your shoulder you got up and got yourself sorted. You heard Mr Geddes holler that the doctor should be there any minute and he would be examining you first.

You walked over to Pee Wee and kicked him the feet waking him.

Y/N: get up Simmzer doc will be here soon to take a look at that leg, wake the others and I'll grab some grub.

You could hear him mumble under his breath but eventually he did as he was told and woke the others. Leaving the barn were you set up "camp" you made your way to the food shack to grab coffee and food. As you approached the door you heard Mr. Geddes call to you, you stopped and turned to face him.

Mr. Geddes: How are you feeling this morning son ?

Y/N: like 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag, How about you sir? You've got a long road ahead go get the ranch back to what it was.

Mr. Geddes: I can only imagine, not to worry though the doctor should be here any moment and he'll get that bullet out of there. As for the Ranch buildings can be rebuilt but I can't replace the friends and staff I lost last night, it'll be hard buy we'll get there.

Y/N: I understand situations like this make you sit back and think about what's important. Fortunately this bunch won't be an issue anymore.

Mr. Geddes: Yes and I have you to thank for that.

Y/N: just doing my job sir and besides I had help my deputy and my tracker played a big roll in even ending up this way.

Mr. Geddes: Well either way you all have my thanks and please pass it on to the others.

Y/N: my pleasure sir, and I certainly will.

Mr. Geddes: say did I hear that Joe meein was one of the men you arrested ?

Y/N: he is, why do you know him ?

Mr. Geddes: no but I knew is old man, a nicer fella there was never, if only he could see his son now.

He sighs shaking his head, something in his body language says there's more to the story but it's not something you want to push.

Mr. Geddes: Well I'll let you get back to it I'll send the doctor over to the barn when he gets here, hopefully he can get you on your way.

Y/N: sounds like a plan sir, I'll be sure to stop by the house to say goodbye.

With that Mr. Geddes nods and walks off. A gurgling in your stomach reminds you of your initial mission you walk in and grab a coffee and some bacon and eggs sitting. You find a seat and savor every bite and sip of the coffee. 10 minutes later you finish your breakfast and grabs some food for the others. Once you have their food plated you make your way to the barn.

Opening the barn door you're greeted by the sorriest looking bunch you've seen in a while you hand out the food and sit across the room while they eat.

Joe: You sure took your time getting back Y/N.

Y/N: Joe let me tell you one thing, I don't run on your schedule, besides you're lucky to be eating at all. After that stunt you pulled last night I'd have been justified in ending your sorry life, now shut up and eat.

Joe just scoffed and went back to eating but not before trying to mean mug you. You just laughed it off knowing full well you've seen far better mean mugs from far more dangerous people. A knock on the door brings your attention back to the present.