What Now?

Lenny: So what now ?

Y/N: Well, right now, someone has to ge back to horseshoe and get the others.

Lenny: I'll go.

Y/N: Take Arthur with you, just in case there's more O'Driscolls laying low.

Lenny and Arthur nod astheye mount their horses and ride out.

Y/N: All right, Sadie, Charles, let's get these bodies out of here.

Sadie: Where should we take them?

Charles: it's got to be far from here. We don't want the smell to attract predators.

Y/N: we'll get them in the wagon over behind the barn, and then we'll talk about where to take them.

Sadie: And search their pockets, they might have information on them.

With that, everyone starts dragging the bodies to the wagon. 45 minutes later, the job is done.

Y/N: im thinking we should dump the two or three miles east of here. It's wooded, and not a lot of people pass up that way.

Sadie: Charles and I can handle it.

Y/N: All right, get going. I'll clean up inside

With that, everyone goes about their various tasks. Not long after that, Sadie and Charles return.

Y/N: How'd you get on?

Sadie: a run-in with some wolves but nothing major.

Charles: they'll be eating good when they find those bodies anyway.

Y/N: Good enough, let's head inside. There's coffee made, and the O'Driscolls were kind enough to make us some stew.

You,Sadie, and Charles, get some food and coffee and sit around the table.

Charles: So, Y/N, what do we do now?

Y/N: Well, we're going to lie low for a bit for two reasons. First, we need to get this place liveable for all of us, and secondly, we need to see what Malcolm does.

Sadie: What do you mean, see what Malcolm does?

Y/N: See if he keeps his word. I figure if he doesn't keep his word, we'll have a bunch of O'Driscoll boys riding through any day. However, if we last the week without any incident, I'd say he did his job.

Charles: Makes sense. I assume if he shows up again, we leave no survivors?

Y/N: That would be correct.

Sadie: So we wait a week, then what?

Y/N: we start searching the surrounding areas for any O'Driscolls that didn't get while the getting was good. I have a plan for that, but I want to wait until the others are back before we discuss it.

A few hours later, the sound of wagons can be heard approaching the main entrance of the ranch. You, Sadie, and Charles walk out and see Lenny and Arthur leading the rest of the gang into the ranch.

Y/N: Welcome to my humble abode.

Hosea: This is a good spot. You should do well here.

Y/N: Just leave the horses and wagons out front for now, get some supper, then we can all get situated.

Everyone dismounted and started walking into the main house. You walked beside Arthur.

Y/N: Any trouble on the way or coming back ?

Arthur: None at all, I think we're good for now.

You clapped Arthur on the back.

Y/N: Good, then I'd say our mission was successful, huh?