Down time.

You awaken after what was the arguably the best sleep you've had, rolling over you notice Sadie's bed roll empty. Not thinking much of it you sit up and lean against a log by the fire. Letting out a deep yawn you proceed to stretch and get ready for the day. Remembering what day it was you know that the posse of deputy Marshals that were sent to transfer Pee Wee and Joe were still there few days so you decided to take a few days off. Figuring if the gang was generous enough to let you stay the least you could do was make yourself useful well as much as you could with a bullet hole in your shoulder.

Pulling on your vest you remove your badge and slip it in your pocket and walk down the hill towards camp. Making your way towards the campfire that held the coffee pot, you notice Sadie, Mary-Beth, Tilly and Abigail chatting and laughing. As you approached you greeted them all.

Y/N: mornin ladies.

Abigail: Morning Y/N, did you sleep well ?

Y/N: yes ma'am like a baby.

You walked over to stand by Sadie placing a kiss on her forehead earning you both a looks and giggles all around.

Tilly: no wonder you slept so well.

Sadie: nothin like that was goin on

Y/N: that's right besides you'd have heard it if there was.

That remarked earned laughs all around and a punch in the arm from Sadie. Mary-Beth had remained strangely silent through the whole thing and eventually walked off.

Y/N: What's wrong with her ? She seemed off this morning.

Tilly: oh Mary-Beth has a bit of a crush on you Y/N. You didn't know?

Y/N: No ma'am I hadn't noticed.

Abigail simply scoffed and looked between you and Sadie.

Abigail: clearly you attentions were else where.

You went to reply but were cut off by Abigail.

Abigail: I know, I know you never intended for it to happen but Sadie over here seems lighter than I've ever seen her. I'm happy for you two.

Sadie: Thanks Abigail, I am happy. I honestly don't think I could have gotten through everything with out you.

You put your arm around Sadie's shoulders.

Y/N: and that means I'm eternally greatful that you were there for her. Thank you Abigail.

Abigail: ahh it weren't nothin.

Y/N: it most certainly was something.

Tilly: he's right Abigail you were a godsend for Mrs. Adler.

Sadie: agreed!

Feeling embarrassed by all the praise Abigail decided to change the subject, by this time some of the guys had joined the group around the fire.

Abigail: So Y/N, any plans for today ?

Y/N: non of the official kind. The posse of Marshals is still a few days out so I'm taking some time off until they show up.

Lenny: you riding out once they get here ?

Y/N: No, I just need to be there when the prisoners are handed over. You know just to sign some papers and all.

Arthur: yeah and be sure they don't shoot you again.

Y/N: oh come on now sleeping beauty by the time you'd have gotten up and ready they'd have been long gone.

Arthur just laughed and poured himself a coffee.

Charles: Speaking of Marshals coming through do you still need deputies ?