Texas Bound

A few days had passed since you took the others out for field training. You were proud that they had taken the initiative and would often leave camp in groups and practices their tracking, and better yet they were getting very good at it.

Eventually they day came where the Marshals arrived to pick up Pee Wee and Joe, which you were happy about but it also meant paper work for the transfer needed to be completed and that you were less excited about. You gathered your gear and saddled up Bo as Sadie approached.

Sadie: Where you off too ?

Y/N: The posse of Marshals is here to transport Pee Wee and Joe, I have to head into town and do some paper work before they can leave.

Sadie: Want some company ?

A playful grin crept across your face.

Y/N: Who'd you have in mind ?

Sadie: I heard uncle wanted to head into town.

Y/N: hmm he does tell some good stories, the rode wouldn't be boring.

Sadie: just be sure to ride up wind of him because you know, the smell.

Y/N: You sure that's not just the horses?

Sadie: I wish I could say I'm sure but to be honest I can't.

Y/N: Well in that case I suppose I should ask someone who doesn't smell like horse shit.

Sadie: that'd be a good idea.

Y/N: So you gonna saddle up or just stand there huh.

Sadie: Come on now Y/N that's no way to talk to a lady.

Y/N: A thousand pardons madam, would you do me the honor of riding with me on this beautiful afternoon ?

With that you remove your hat and give an exaggerated bow.

Sadie: Why Mr. Y/N I do belive I will. Now get on your horse you fool.

You straighten up and shake your head as Sadie walks to her horse laughing. Once you're ready you mount Bo and walk over to meet Sadie. As you approach she's already mounted her horse and you two ride out.

Sadie: So how long do these things usually take ?

Y/N: We haven't even gotten to town yet and you're anxious to be rid of me? Mrs. Adler I'm hurt.

Sadie: Shut up, you know what I mean.

You let out a chuckle.

Y/N: Normally not long but this isn't a normal situation. Normally the gang would have been jailed together and transferred together but having been split up I'll have to fill out a detailed report regarding our trip to Rhodes and the reasoning behind having them in two different jails.

Sadie: And why were they sent to two different jails ?

You give Sadie a knowing look.

Y/N: Well the strawberry jail was damaged in an escape. And I do believe it was Arthur breaking Micah out.

Sadie scoffed

Sadie: He should have let the bastard swing.

You nod in agreement.

Y/N: I won't argue there Micah is a murdering robbing piece of garbage but unfortunately since he's working for the pinkertons they can justify his actions as unfortunate necessities.

Sadie: anybody else would be hungry or shot for what he did.

Y/N: probably, but much like what I've been able to provide for you and the others with your pardons the pinkertons have given that to Micah.