Chapter 4: You're a wizard

Let's just start this off by saying, that wasn't the first and only day I got a letter.

Ever since I was sent that letter, I was sent one day after day after day after day... But it was always taken by Mistress.

I found one basically everywhere at this point, in eggs, sandwiches, pillow cases. Not only that, but owls upon owls upon owls just sat outside.

The Mistress sealed up basically almost every window in the building, including mine, got rid of the mail box, and basically every hole in the building.

We all sat in the hall, the letters had stopped coming in since 2 days ago. I'm worried. I looked over at the mistress and saw her smiling, "Well, someone gonna ask her?" Oliver asked. We all stared at him, but I knew why she was smiling, "I know why." I said, they turned towards me, "Well...spit it out." I turned back towards them, "cause' we don't get mail on Sundays.", "But its been 2 days. Something has to be wrong." Johnny said.

I stared at the Mistress and I noticed something, she had a key that she would always carry around with her. It wasn't for her room because she always leaves it unlocked.

I got it.

"You got a plan." Rick said, I expressed a shocked expression, "How did you know?" "That's your plan face." I looked back then back at them, "Okay, come in close." They all huddled in, "You see that key The Mistress has?" They looked at her then back in the huddle, all of them responding, "Yeah." "I think that could be our way out of here, or even where those letters are. I've been watching her for a while and every time we get mail, she goes into a locked room and uses those keys. We have to get those keys. Now...You in?" There was silence, then all of them just laughed, I didn't laugh, Oliver then said, "How do you even expect to get the keys off her. That right there, my friend, is a suicide mission." Johnny continued, "Plus, you need a distraction. I doubt you could do that thing you did a few days ago, and no-one here is gonna pull a distraction for you." I sighed, he was right.

But then suddenly, the building shook and letter suddenly burst through the windows, chimney, door, every hole that was sealed up. The whole hall was filled with letters, I was about to open one when I was pulled by the Mistress, "YOU ARE NOT GETTING ANY OF THOSE LETTERS! OVER MY DEAD BODY! YOU ARE GOING SOMEPLACE NO-ONE WILL EVER FIND YOU!" She pulled and pulled, and I finally gave up.

She threw me into a room, with no windows, bathroom, bed, anything. But luckily, I had a backup plan. I reached into my pocket and took out keys, The Mistress's keys. Man, am I good. I unlocked the door and sneaked towards the mysterious room.

I finally got to the room. I take out the keys and opened the door. I walked inside and what I saw shocked me.

There was nothing. Nothing valuable at least, just a desk and bookshelves across the walls. Where are all the letters? There's nothing! I go towards the desk to look if anything is in it. I open both drawers, nothing. I slam the desk so hard it hurts my hand. I look up and see a small cat statue that's on the desk with his head oddly turned. I turn the head to fix it but just as I do that, a hidden stairway appears as I stare down it in shock, "Wow." My first instinct? Go down it.

I go down the staircase and I'm in a small room with many shelves, filled with boxes and, the letters! Just as I was about to open it, I see a basket with my name on it. I go to the basket and open it. Inside, was a dusty book, a stick, and a necklace. I open the necklace's locket and see a woman with her husband, holding a baby. On the locket is a name, my name and a few words, "Thomas Jacobs, only the blood of that which your heart belongs to can break it". I put the necklace on and look at the book, on the book it says, "Journal of Maria Winter". I open it and quickly skim through what it says, "Hogwarts...Alohamora...new spell...". I then see another letter from...my mother.

Suddenly, I'm pulled back and see...The Mistress.

"You boy. Are in BIG trouble." She pulls me upstairs as I quickly grabbed my belongings. When we get upstairs, I see some of the maids all standing by the wall. The Mistress sees the letter and grabs it from my hand, "NO! Give that back, it's mine, my mother gave it to me!", "Your mother? Your mother was pathetic, cruel, idiotic woman." During this, she slowly tore apart the letter, and almost run to tackle her but the maids held me back, more and more, she tore it, then burned it into the chimney. I fall onto my knees, with my book still in hand. "I almost forgot. Your punishment." she lifts her hand to smack me as I get ready, but suddenly the door burst open, I quickly get out of the way and look at the door. From the door, a boy about my age and a very tall man walked in with an umbrella, "Well, hello there."

I'm completely shocked as the tall man speaks, "Get behind me." The giant says, "Why should I, I don't even know you." "Oh, right, sorry 'bout that." He puts his umbrella down gives a friendly smile, "My name is Hagrid. And this here-" He puts his hand on the boy's back, "This, is Harry Potter. I don't expect you to know him, and we don't have that much time so I'm just gonna say it. You're a wizard Thomas." I give him look, "Wait, what? I can't be, I'm a nobody." "You might be. But then tell me this, has anything strange happened to you recently, things that feel like... magic?" I stay silent, knowing he was right, "Ahh, yes. Your mother as too, they were my best friends, my family, you can trust me." I look at Harry and saw I could trust them. I grabbed my wand and book and walked next to them. We were about to walk out when the Mistress spoke, "You are not taking that child anywhere! Not with me around!" Hagrid turned around and aimed the umbrella at her, "Say that again. I dare ya." She froze, "Good, ya listen. Now goodbye and you all have a wonderful day. Except you." He pointed towards the Mistress.

After that we all left and went onto his bike. What a day.