Chapter 10: Harry Potter vs Draco Malfoy

3rd pov

Finally having enough, Harry got onto his broom, but Hermione stopped him, "Harry, no way! You heard what Madam Hooch said! Besides, you don't even know how to fly." Thomas went to stand next to Hermione, and said, "You know, Harry. She does have a point." Harry ignored both of them and flew off to face Draco. Hermione and Thomas stood back into the crowd, "What an idiot." Hermione and Thomas both said. They quickly looked at each other, then quickly looked back. Hermione blushed, but Thomas didn't notice.

Harry, who was now in the air, across from Draco, said, "Give it here, Malfoy, or I'll knock you off your broom!". "Is that so?" Draco mocked, Harry made a dash for him, but Draco twirled around his broom in a 360, "Have it your way, then!" Draco yelled. 

Draco hurled the Remembrall into the air, like a baseball. Harry zooms after the ball, speeding towards a tower. Just as he is about to hit a window, from which McGonagall is working, he catches it. McGonagall notices this and looks surprised as Harry begins to fly back down to the grounds. The students all cheered as Harry lands back on the ground at ease. They run to see him. Everyone congratulated him, but the mood was spoiled by McGonagall appearing in the grounds, "Harry Potter?" she called. Harry noticed her, "Follow me." she commanded. Harry sullenly followed her as Draco and his goons snickered in delight. Thomas, Ron, and Hermione all wondered what happened to him after this.

Thomas pov

Harry, Ron, and I were walking through crowded halls. Sir Nicholas and a lady ghost floated by and said, "Have you heard? Harry Potter's the new Gryffindor Seeker. I always knew he'd do well." Ron and I were talking with Harry, "Seeker? But first years never make their house teams! You must be the youngest Quidditch player in..." Ron said, but was interrupted by Harry finishing his sentence, "A century, according to McGonagall." "That's cool." I commented. I was already caught up with Quidditch from my book. "What about you?" Harry asked me. I was knocked out of my thoughts by Harry's question, "What about me?" "Quidditch. You gonna join Quidditch too, or..." I thought about it, "Maybe... Probably. We'll see I guess."

Fred and George approached us and walked along with Ron and Harry. "Hey, well done, Harry, Wood's just told us!" Fred said, "Fred and George are on the team, too. Beaters." Ron noted. "Our job is to make sure that you don't get bloodied up too bad. Can't make any promises, of course. Rough game, Quidditch." "Brutal. But no one's died in years. Someone will vanish occasionally..." Fred joked, they broke off from Harry, Ron, and me as we walked across a courtyard. "But they'll turn up in a month or two!" George said. "Oh, go on, Harry, Quidditch is great. Best game there is! And you'll both be great, too!" Ron complimented. 

Hermione, knowing what Harry was talking about, jumped up from her work and came to join them, "But I've never even played Quidditch. What if I -we,  make a fool of ourselves?" Harry stated, I VERY much agreed, but then Hermione spoke, "You two won't make a fool of yourselves. It's in your blood." Later, the four approach a trophy case. Hermione pointed at a plaque of Quidditch players. One lists Harry's father as a Seeker and Thomas's mother as a Keeper, "Whoa. Harry, you never told me your father was a Seeker, too." Ron said, " I-I didn't know." Harry said. I looked at the picture of my mother, but I started getting a headache, so I looked away and moved on. Like. Nothing. Happened.

The 4 of us were walking up a staircase in the Grand Staircase tower. A railing pulled in, Hermione looked back at it, but continued walking. "I'm telling you, it's spooky. She knows more about you than you both do." Ron said, referring to Hermione,  "Who doesn't?" I replied. The staircase shuddered and began to move. The four of us grabbed the railings. "Ahh!" Ron yelled, as Hermione gasped, "What's happening?" Harry asked. "The staircases change, remember?" Hermione reminded, the staircase stopped, leading to a corridor. Harry tapped on Ron's and my shoulders and said, "Let's go this way." Harry said, "Before the staircase moves again." Ron continued. We opened a door and walked into a spooky, dark and deserted corridor. "Why does it feel like...we shouldn't be here?" I said, "We're not supposed to be here. This is the 3rd floor. It's forbidden." Hermione stated. Suddenly, a flame lights on a tall stone support. At that moment, Filch's cat, Mrs. Norris, came running in and meowed. We all jumped, "Let's go." Harry said, "Agreed." I, well...agreed. Mrs. Norris meowed, "It's Filch's cat!" Ron said, we all then noticed the cat, "Run!" I yelled. The four of us ran through the corridor, flames are lit up on the stone supports, one by one, as we ran past. We got to the end of the corridor, to a door. 

"Quick! Let's hide though that door!" Harry said, I grabbed the handle, but it was locked, "It's locked!" I yelled. "That's it, we're done for!" Ron said. "Oh, move over!" Hermione demanded, she pushed through and pulled out her wand, aiming it at the lock, and said, "Alohomora." The door's lock lifts up magically and it opened, "Get in." We bustled in. "Alohomora?" I asked, wondering what that spell was, "Standard book of spells, Chapter 7." Hermione answered. I don't think I made it till Chapter 2 yet. Filch arrived at the start of the corridor with a light. Mrs. Norris looked at him. "Anyone here, my sweet?" he asked his cat, Mrs. Norris meowed, "Come on." they left the corridor.

"Filch is gone." Hermione said, "Probably thinks this door's locked." I suggested. "It was locked." "And for good reason." Harry stated. Ron and Hermione turn to stand with Harry and me. There was a massively huge three headed dog sleeping in front of them. The dog began to wake. It growls, yawns, and growls more...noticing the intruders... us. "AHHHHHHH!" we all yelled. The four of us bolted, running out of the door. We turned quickly to shut the door and battle against the dog. We got the door shut and ran. 

We returned to the Gryffindor Common Room. We were breathless. "What do they think they're doing?? Keeping a thing like that locked up in a school." Ron questioned. Hermione looked at Ron with anger in her eyes, "You don't use your eyes, do you? Didn't you see what it was standing on?" Hermione said, "We wasn't looking at its feet! We were a bit preoccupied with its heads. Or maybe you didn't notice, there were three!" I yelled. We begin to climb the stairs to the dorms. "It was standing on a trap door. Which means it wasn't there by accident. It's guarding something." Hermione said. "Guarding something?" Harry asked. "That's right. Now, if you two don't mind, I'm going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed... or worse, expelled!" she warned. She turned and left, shutting the door to her dormitory. Me, Ron, and Harry stood side-by-side and watched her leave, Ron then said, "She needs to sort out her priorities!" Ron said. Me and Harry nodded in agreement.