Chapter 5: Getting prepared

(p.s. I'm gonna be telling a lot of this story in 3rd or 1st person) 

London,

Thomas, Harry, and Hagrid were on a bus, on their way to well, Thomas didn't know, something about Dragon Alley or something? Thomas and Harry have gotten to know each other a lot from the time they spent together, they basically knew everything about each other. Thomas sat next to Harry and read his mother's book, it was rather...interesting. Harry then read what we will need for this school, " 'First year's students will require three sets of plain work robes..."I look at the letter and see what else we needed, "One wand." Thomas said. Both harry and Thomas looked up at Hagrid. Hagrid gave us a stern look, "Essential bit of equipment, Harry and Thomas."

(1st person pov)

I continued reading, " 'One pair of dragon gloves.' Hagrid, do they mean from a real dragon?" "Well they don't mean a penguin, do they?... Crickey. I'd love a dragon.", both me and Harry looked at each other in surprise when Harry looked back at Hagrid and asked, "You'd like a dragon?" Hagrid looked down at us, "Vastly misunderstood beasts, Harry and Thomas. Vastly misunderstood." A woman then looked strangely at Hagrid, but he just nodded his head towards her as she just looked down back at her newspaper. 

We then got off the bus and continued walking as I continued reading, " 'All students must equipped with... one standard size 2 pewter cauldron...and may bring if they desire, either an owl, a cat or a toad.' " Harry looked away from Thomas and at Hagrid, "Can we find this all in London?" He looked down at us and whispered, "if you know where to go."

We walked towards what looked like an small, old abandoned build called, The Leaky Cauldron, we went inside, Hagrid went inside first. When we went inside, I saw what looked like a dirty, old café. There was music and several patrons that are speaking to each other. Hagrid walked towards the bartender and we followed, the bartender must've knew him because he said, "Ah, Hagrid! The usual, I presume?" He walked closer towards him and said, "No thanks, Tom. I'm on official Hogwarts business today. Just helping young Harry and Thomas here buy his school supplies." He patted both our backs, the bartender was shocked, "Bless my soul. It's Harry Potter and Thomas Jacobs." The pub immediately goes silent and everyone notices. 

A man comes up and shakes Harry's and Thomas's hands and says, "Welcome back, Mr. Potter and Mr. Jacobs, welcome back." A witch comes up and shakes Harry's and Thomas's hand, as well, and introduces herself, "Doris Crockford, Mr. Potter, Mr. Jacobs. I can't believe I'm meeting you both at last." A man in robes with a turban on his head then appears, "Harry P-potter. Thomas Ja-Jacobs. C-can't tell you how pleased I am to meet you." Hagrid then stepped in and said, "Hello, Professor. I didn't see you there. Harry, this is Professor Quirrell. He'll be your Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts." Harry then was the first one to say hello, "Oh, nice to meet you." "Me too." I said, we both put our hands forward for him to shake, but he looks at Harry's hand and hesitatingly refuses and says, " F-fearfully fascinating subject. N-not that you both need it, e-eh, Potter? Jacobs? Heheh." We both put our hands down and Hagrid stepped in, "Yes, well, must be going now. Lots to buy. Heh. Goodbye."

The two leave into a back room winery in front of a brick wall. Hagrid then speaks up, "See, Harry and Thomas, you're famous!", "But why are we famous, Hagrid?" Harry asks, I also decide to ask a question, "Agreed. All those people back there, how is it they know who we are?" Hagrid then answers the question, "I'm not exactly sure I'm the right person to tell you that, Harry." Hagrid taps the brick wall clockwise with his umbrella. The blocks then magically shift and open up to reveal a hidden, busy street, "Welcome, Harry and Thomas, to Diagon Alley." Harry and Thomas grin broadly as they step into the street and walk down it. An owl screeches on the street, "Here's where you'll get your quills and ink, and over there all your bits and bobs for doing your wizardry." Harry and Thomas are amazed as they pass by shops and owls and bats. They see a crowd piled up by a magic broom store, a broom is being advertise there as a boy says, "It's a world class racing broom. Look at it, it's the new Nimbus 2000! It's the fastest model yet!"