Chapter 11: Quidditch

The next morning, in the great hall 

The four, Harry, Thomas, Hermione, and Ron, are sitting and eating. Harry is twirling his food on a fork while Thomas just stared at is food, wondering what these voices in his head are. He is then snapped out of it by Ron talking to Harry, "Take a bit of toast, mate, go on." Ron told his friend. Ron then looked at Thomas, "You should too." Ron said. "Ron's right, Harry. You're gonna need your strength today. You don't necessarily need to Thomas, but you still should." Hermione said, concerned for her friends. Harry spoke first, "I'm not hungry." Harry said. Thomas could see something was bothering him as Hermione and Ron looked at Thomas for his excuse, "I'm full. I really am." Thomas explained. Truth was, he actually was full. He ate enough food to last him quite a while. The orphanage helped out with that. (BY THE WAY. ABOUT THE ORPHANAGE, I TRIED TO MAKE IT ONE OF THOSE CHEESY, STEREOTYPICAL ORPHANAGES THAT WE  SEE IN MOVIES LIKE IN PAN (PETER PAN MOVIE) 

Snape suddenly appeared at the table, "Good luck today, Potter. Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you...even if it is against Slytherin." Snape said without voice. Thomas just stared at him awkwardly. Snape noticed and his face then turned more into a snare that a monotone expression. Snape walked off, limping. Harry and Thomas notices this, "That explains the blood." Harry said. "Blood?" Hermione questioned. "Listen, last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that 3 headed dog. But, he got himself bitten, that's why he's limping." Harry explained. The four simply stared at each other, "But why would anyone go near that dog?" Hermione asked. "And how can you be so sure that that's how his leg got cut. It could be anything." Thomas said. Thomas knew something was off about Snape, but he didn't wanna draw any conclusions. "And why would anyone go near that dog?" Hermione added. "The day I was at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults. He said it was Hogwarts' business, very secret." Harry explained. "So you're saying... " Hermione said, but her sentence was finished by Harry, "That's what the dog's guarding. That's what Snape wants. And that's why it has to be Snape. Everything points to him." Harry finished. 

Hedwig screeched as she entered the Great Hall. She was carrying a very large and long parcel. She dropped it off at the table in front of Harry. "Bit early for mail, isn't it?" Hermione joked. Thomas had a quick scoff-like-laugh as Harry stared in awe, "But I-I never get mail." Harry said. "You're not the only one." Thomas added. Harry and Thomas shared a quick glance and nodded at each other. Ron then spoke up, "Let's open it." Ron exclaimed. They opened it to reveal a broomstick. Thomas recognized the broomstick from Diagon Alley, The Nimbus 2000. He had a photographic memory, he didn't want to share it with anyone yet. "That's not just any broomstick, Harry." Ron said in awe, as if it was the best thing ever. "It's a Nimbus 2000!" Ron exclaimed. Everyone gasped in awe and amazement. Harry was still confused though, "But who...?" Harry thought for a moment before finishing his sentence, but Thomas noticed Professor McGonagall stroking Hedwig and nudged Harry to grab his attention. Harry shot him a confused look and Thomas gestured to McGonagall, who stared at him as she smiled. Harry looks to where Thomas gestured to and see Professor McGonagall up at the head table, stroking Hedwig. She smiles and Harry nods.

Later on, inside a Quidditch tower 

The Gryffindor team is marching towards the starting gate. They reach it and stop, behind a closed double door. "Scared, Harry?" Oliver asked him. Harry stared at the door as if he was frozen, "A little." Harry answered. "That's all right. I felt the same way before my first game." Oliver said. Harry felt a little more comforted at his words. "What happened?" Harry asked. "Er, I don't really remember. I took a bludger to the head 2 minutes in. Woke up in the hospital a week later." Oliver said. Harry's eyes widened at what Oliver said. Now, he was internally freaking out.