The End

Me, Ron and Hermione ere chatting on the stairwell balcony. We would have to go soon to the Great Hall. "I couldn't have been that heavy, could I?" Ron questioned.

Me and Hermione shared a glance as we tried to hide a smile, then we looked back at Ron and simultaneously said, "Yes!"

Ron sighed and whined as he threw his head into his hands. Me and Hermione laughed together and then she turned to me. "Hey, Thomas?" she asked.

I looked at her, "Yeah?"

"Back at the doors... what did it say to you?" She asked.

"Oh, uhhh..." Truth was I didn't want to talk about it. A part of me wanted to leave at that very moment, run away and try to find my way back into that room. "It told me that it could show me what happened to my parents. My father especially. And... I could finally find out why my parents left me at that god awful orphanage." I explained as I stared off into the distance.

"...I wouldn't have blamed you, you know." Hermione then said after much hesitation and silence.

"What?" I questioned. How?? I would have absolutely murdered me if I left us like that.

"I love my parents more than anything. I cannot imagine what it would be like to be in a world without them. So I would understand wanting the truth about them more than anything. I could only imagine the temptation..." She said. 

"It was... horrible." I didn't want to sound overdramatic, but that was the truth, "It felt like every fiber of my body wanted to open that door. You know when you get that itch that's impossible to scratch? It was like that, but like... a million times worse." I ended with a laugh.

She put her hand on my arm, "But thank you, Thomas. I promise... I'll help you find them."

"Me too." Ron added.

I looked between the 2 of my friends and smiled. "Thank you." I said to them, but someone was missing. "I feel like we should be saying this to-" I spotted Harry downstairs with arm bandaged, "Harry!"

Ron and Hermione turned towards Harry and they too grew a smile. Harry smiled back at us as we each leaned over the railing, "All right there, Ron?" he asked.

"All right. You?" Ron replied.

Harry shrugged, "All right. Hermione?"

"Never better." Hermione answered, her smile growing larger.

"Thomas?" He looked at me.

I gave him a thumbs up, "All good." And the 4 of us were reunited again.

We were then in the Great Hall, full of students eating and talking with each other and each of us wearing our wizard and witches hats. There were green and silver banners with the Slytherin symbol above their heads, already indicating the house with the most points. Part of me wondered if they got it fairly, but a small part of me was salty to Slytherin winning anyway.

Dumbledore gave a slight nod to Professor McGonagall, who then clinked her spoon to her glass to ask attention from the students. The crowd fell silent as conversations ended. Dumbledore stood up and spoke with his magically magnified voice, "Another year gone. And now, as I understand it, the house cup needs awarding. And the points stand thus: In fourth place, Gryffindor with 312 points." There was a medium applause from the crowd. "Third place, Hufflepuff with 352 points." The applause for Hufflepuff was slightly louder than the clapping for Gryffindor. "In second place, Ravenclaw with 426 points." Applause again, this time with a slight cheer from some students. "And in first place, with 522 points, Slytherin house!" A loud roar rises from the Slytherin table, as students stood up and clapped for themselves. Hermione scowled with her hand to her cheek and I rolled my eyes. As I did so, I caught Draco sneering at me and I glared back. Snape obviously gave an applaud to the students of his house.