Chapter 12: The Christmas Gift

Harry, Hermione, Thomas and Ron are walking along a path with Hagrid. They were talking about the whole Snape dilemma, "Nonsense! Why would Snape put a curse on Harry's broom?" Hagrid questioned in disbelief. "Who knows? Why was he trying to get past that three-headed dog on Halloween?" Harry questioned back. Hagrid stops in his steps and turn to the four suspiciously, "Who told you 'bout Fluffy?" Hagrid demanded. Ron and Thomas stared in disbelief, "Fluffy?" Thomas questioned. "That thing has a name?" Hermione asked.

"Well, of course he's got a name. He's mine. I bought him off an Irish feller I met down at the pub last year. Then I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the.." Hagrid then paused in the middle of his sentence, not wanting to continue on any further. "Yes?" Harry questioned, wanting Hagrid to finish what he was saying. Hagrid began to freak out, "Shouldn't have said that. No more questions! Don't ask any more questions. That's top secret, that is." Hagrid said as they began to walk again. "But, Hagrid, whatever Fluffy's guarding, Snape's trying to steal it." Thomas told him, but Hagrid was still in disbelief. "Codswallop. Professor Snape is a Hogwarts teacher." Hagrid explained. "Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a spell when I see one. I've read all about them. You've got to keep eye contact and Snape wasn't blinking. Ask Thomas. He knew what I was doing." Hermione said. Everyone just looked at Thomas waiting for his answer, "Oh, yeah. Sure. It's true. Really it is!" Thomas exclaimed as he moved closer to Hermione who just smiled.

Harry stared at them awkwardly for a moment, "... Exactly." Harry agreed, then looking back at Hagrid. Hagrid just sighs at the kids, "Now, you listen to me, all three of you. You're meddling in things that ought not to be meddled in. It's dangerous. What that dog is guarding is strictly between Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel." Hagrid says, but says a name he shouldn't have said. Harry turns to Ron and Thomas then back to Hagrid, "Nicholas Flamel?" Harry questions. Hagrid's eyes widen in realization, "I shouldn't said that. I should not have said that." Hagrid starts mumbling to himself. He then leaves, mumbling to himself those same words over and over.

"Nicholas Flamel." Harry says to himself and turns around to the three. He then turns to Hermione, "Who's Nicholas Flamel?" Harry asks her. "I don't know." Hermione answers as she shakes her head. He then turns to look at Thomas, expecting him to know. Thomas' eyes widen in surprise, "If Hermione doesn't know, what makes you think I would!?" Thomas exclaims.

Christmas,

It is now Christmas at Hogwarts, with snow falling around Hogwarts and snow covering the surrounding area. Hagrid was dragging a massive Christmas tree to the castle while Hermione was walking to the Great Hall entrance with her luggage and wearing a scarf as the ghosts are singing Christmas songs, "Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas. Ring the Hogwarts bell. Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas..." the ghosts sang. Hermione looks at the massive Christmas tree as Flitwick uses his wand to put another ornament on the tree. She then walks towards Harry, Ron and Thomas, who were all in the lounge. Harry and Ron played Chess, while Thomas laid on his back as he read from his mother's journal on a couch near them, "Knight to E5." Harry told the Chess board. The Knight suddenly moved to the destination harry told it to. Hermione walks up behind Harry, "Queen to E5." Ron told the Chess board with a smug look on his face. Thomas looks away from his book to see Hermione standing behind Harry. He notices her staring at the Chess board so he looks too, to see Ron's queen move over to Harry's knight and whack the knight away.

Ron grins at his victory, "That's totally barbaric!" Hermione exclaims with a shocked expression. "That's wizard's chess." Ron explains. "I think it's kind of cool." Thomas agreed. Ron points at Thomas, "See. He gets it." Ron exclaims. Hermione sighs and raises a brow at Thomas, who just pursed his lips at her and smacked them together. He then noticed Hermione's luggage, "I see you've packed." Ron points out. She then looks at him to see he hasn't packed yet, "See you haven't." Hermione replies. "Change of plans, my parents decided to go to Romania to visit my brother Charlie. He's studying dragons there." Ron explains. Hermione too this opportunity, "Good, you can help Harry and Thomas, then. They're going to go and look in the library for information on Nicholas Flamel." Hermione said. Ron sighs, "We've looked a hundred times." Ron replies. Hermione leans over on the table closer to Ron and Harry. Thomas, also wanting to hear, walks over to them and leans over the table too, next to Hermione, "Not in the restricted section." Hermione answered. She then stood straight up again, "Happy Christmas." Hermione said. She then walked off and left Harry, Ron, and Thomas, leaving them to stare at her as she leaves. Ron looks at Harry and Thomas, "I think we've had a bad influence on her." he said.

Christmas morning,

It was early Christmas morning. Ron and Thomas woke up before Harry did and all three of them needed to go. The 2 were downstairs when Ron called Harry, "Harry wake up! Come on Harry, wake up!" Ron yelled. "Come on! It's time to get up!" Thomas added. Harry put on his glasses and ran out of bed towards the balcony of the room. He then looked down at Ron and Thomas. Ron and Thomas looked up at Harry, "Happy Christmas, Harry!" they both exclaimed. "Happy Christmas, you two." Harry greeted back. Harry notices Ron's sweater, "What are you wearing?" Harry asked. Thomas looked at where Harry was staring and chuckled, "Yeah, you never really told me either. Even though I asked." Thomas pointed out, slightly hurt. Ron looked down at his sweater, "Oh. My mum made it." Ron answered. He looked back up at Harry, "It looks like you've got one too." Ron told him.

"I-I've got presents?" Harry stuttered upon his words. "Yeah!" Thomas answered. Harry runs down the staircase to see his presents nearly under the tree. Thomas sat on a nearby couch and just stared, he didn't really have anything, or anyone, "There they are." Ron directed Harry. Ron noticed Thomas staring at the presents with a frown, "You've never had presents either, have you?" Ron asks him. Thomas simply stares at Ron, "I stay at an orphanage. Who in the world do you think would get presents for us? Besides, the Headmistress wouldn't allow it." Thomas stated. Harry listened and nodded his head in agreement, "At least I'm not the only one anymore." Harry replied. Thomas and Harry nodded at each other before Harry notices a note on the present and opens it, reading it out, "Your father left this in my possession before he died. It is time it was returned to you. Use it well." Harry read it aloud. Harry looks over to Ron then Thomas, who both just shrug their shoulders. Harry then proceeds to open the remaining of his present. He pulls out a blanket-like object, intriguing Thomas.

Ron and Thomas lean in, peaking both their interests, "What is it?" Ron asks him. Harry looked down at the object, "It's some kind of cloak." Harry states as he stands up. "Well, let's see then." Ron replies, "Put it on." Thomas finishes. Harry then wraps the cloak around his shoulders, suddenly causing his body to look invisible, excepts his head. Ron and Thomas' eyes open wide in shock, "Whoa!" Ron exclaimed, "Cool!" Thomas adds. Harry looks down at his body to see his body completely invisible, "My body's gone!" Harry exclaimed, surprisingly with joy. "I know what that is. That's an invisibility cloak." Ron states. "I'm invisible?" Harry questions, spinning around then looking down at himself. Thomas remembers the Invisible cloak being mentioned in his mother's journals, "I read there's only 1, or at least known to be only 1." Thomas adds, looking down at the note. he read it before dropping it back onto the ground, "I wonder who gave it to you?" Thomas questioned. Harry looks down at the note as well, "ere was no name. It just said use it well." Harry answers. Thomas sees a look in Harry's eyes and knows he's planning on doing something, "No-"

Later that night,

Later that night, Anakin slept peacefully. He knew Harry was up to something, but it didn't bother him that much. Mainly because of the fact he has a bloody Invisible Cloak. His dreams were different this time. Mainly he dreamt of the usual things, but this time was different. This time, he dreamt he was in a street. He looked around in confusion. The crescent moon barely shed enough light, only lighting parts of the sky. The street lights shed enough light though. He suddenly heard a crash and blast coming from a house across the street. He ran towards the window to see if anybody was in there or got hurt, "Hello!?" he yelled. He looked through a slight opening through the curtains and saw a woman lying on the ground, drawling towards a stick, which looked like a wand, so it probably was. Before he could see what she was crawling away from, he heard a voice, "Thomas! Thomas, you have to see this! Thomas!" he woke up.