Chapter 6: The trip to Hogwarts

Later back in the Leaky Cauldron, Hagrid, Harry and I were at a long table, eating soup. I was thinking of this person Hagrid talked about, you-know-who. Harry was thinking that he killed his parents, I thought the same thing. Everything is too quiet, Hagrid soon notices this and asks, "You all both al' right? You two seem very quiet." Harry decided to speak for both of us, "He killed my parents-he killed our parents, didn't he? The one who gave me this. You know, Hagrid, I know you do." Unlike Harry, I didn't get a scar, as far as I know of. Hagrid sighed and pushed his bowl away, he said, "First, and you both have to understand this, 'cause it's very important. Not all wizards are good. Some of them go bad. A few years ago, there was two wizards who went as bad as you can go. The first wizard's name was V-...his name was V-...", "Maybe if you wrote it down?" I asked, "No, I can't spell it." he sighed, "All right." He leaned in and whispered, "Voldemort.", "Voldemort?" Harry said aloud, "Shh!!" Hagrid said, "This wizard might be bad, but then, there is someone else, something else. Some call him a myth, a legend. They say that he could destroy armies with just a snap of his finger. The only one that have ever gone toe to toe with him was Dumbledore... and your  parents, Thomas.", I gulp, was he really that strong? "What's his name?" Harry asks, "No-one has ever figured it out, he just disappeared. But many called him... Azrael, The Dark Horse." Harry and Thomas look around to see if anyone heard the names, the Hagrid spoke, "It was dark times, Harry, dark times. Voldemort and Azrael started to gather some followers, brought 'em over to the dark side. Anyone that stood up to him ended up dead. Both your parents fought against him, but nobody lived once he decided to kill 'em. Nobody...not one. 'Cept you both." 

"Us? Voldemort and Azrael tried to kill...us?" Harry asks, I'm still processing everything, I fiddled with the Locket around my neck, "Yes. That ain't no ordinary cut on your forehead, Harry. A mark like that only comes from being touched by a curse...and an evil curse at that. And your parents, Thomas, gave you that necklace to protect you, a kind of invisible spell. that's why it took so long for us to find you." I speak up, " What happened to...to You-Know-Who, or Whos?". Hagrid gave a look then said, "Well, some say he died. Codswallop in my opinion. Nope, I reckon he's out there, still, too tired to carry on. But one thing's absolutely certain. Something about you stumped him that night. That's why you're both famous. That's why everybody knows your name. You're the boy who lived, Harry. And you, Thomas, you are the boy that lived and got away."

King's Cross Station

Up on a crossing bridge, Harry and Thomas, with their cart of their baggage, equipment and Hedwig and Mist, walk beside Hagrid. A couple look at Hagrid, suspiciously. This causes Hagrid to say, "What're you looking at?", at the couple. Hagrid checked his watch, " Blimey, is that the time? Sorry, Harry, I'm gonna have to leave you both. Dumbledore'll be wanting his- well, he'll be wanting to see me. Now, uh, your train leaves in 10 minutes. Here's your tickets." he says. He takes the tickets out of his pocket and gives them to us, he then says, "Stick to it, Harry and Thomas, that's very important. Stick to your ticket." Harry and Thomas look at their tickets with confusion plastered across both their faces, "Platform 9¾? But, Hagrid, there must be a mistake. This says Platform 9¾. There's no such thing...is there?" Harry says, but by the time we look up, Hagrid was already gone and they were alone with just each other. 

Harry and Thomas walk down the lane between trains. A man rushes by and says, "Sorry." Thomas sees a guard, "Excuse me, excuse me." Thomas says, trying to get the guard's attention, "Right on your left, ma'am." the guard says, speaking to another woman, he finally looks down at Harry and Thomas, "Excuse me, sir. Can you tell us where we might find Platform 9¾?" The guard, thinking this is a joke and is annoyed, says, "9¾? Think you're being funny, do ya?" He walks off. Harry and Thomas then notice a woman, daughter, and four boys walk by, pushing carts. the woman says, "It's the same year after year. Always packed with Muggles, of course." Harry and Thomas look at each other in surprise, "Muggles?" Harry says.