Chapter 10: The Troll Problem

In Professor Flitwick's class,

Me, Harry, Ron, and Hermione all sat next to each other in one of our professor's class, Professor Flitwick. Professor Flitwick is very short, and is standing on a bunch of books to make up for his stature and to see his class. He then starts to speak, "One of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation the ability to make objects fly. Uh, do you all have your feathers?" he asks the class, Hermione raised hers as I just fiddled with the feather. "Good. Now, uh, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing, hmm? The swish and flick. Everyone." we get our wands ready. Everyone in the class then spoke in sync, including the Professor, "The swish and flick." everyone said. 

The class begin to enunciate and doing the movements on their feathers. On the other side of the class I see Draco trying to levitate it, but failing, "Wingardium Levio-saaa." he tried saying. He attempts to do it himself, "Wingar-" he suddenly gets a sudden pain in his head. With every flick, and every time he said those words, the pain started getting worse. With one final time I tried it again, pushing aside the pain in his head, "Wingardium Leviosa." I said. It then started to hover, leaving a smile o my face, but there mas suddenly an immense amount of pain and it fell. What was going on? I look on my right to see Ron angrily trying to do the spell, "Wingardrium Leviosar!" he angrily said. He waves his wand really fast numerous times. Hermione stops him, "Stop, stop, stop. You're going to take someone's eye out. Besides, you're saying it wrong. It's Levi-o-sa, not Leviosar." Hermione corrects. 

My eyes widen on how she acting, very... know-it-all-ly? Hermione straightens up and swishes her wand, "Wingardium Leviosa." she says. The feather glows and lifts up. Did I say something wrong or what? This caught Professor Flitwicks's atention, Oh, well done! See here, everyone! Ms. Granger's done it! Oh, splendid!" Flitwick calls out. Ron puts his head on his books dejectedly as Seamus begins swishing at his feather. Professor Flitwick in the meantime, was congratulating Hermione, "Wingard Levosa." Seamus says, still trying the spell. This caught my attention, "Umm, Seamus? I don't think-" I was interrupted by an almighty explosion flashing. Flitwick gasps at the sudden explosion, as Ron and Hermione turn to the source of the explosion.

"Whooaaa! Ooh." Flitwick gasps in response. Seamus was charred again with his feather, with the feather now smoldering to ashes. "I think we're going to need another feather over here, Professor." Harry says as I put my hand over my mouth so people don't see me laughing. 

Neville, Harry, Ron, Seamus, and I were walking through a courtyard with other students all around. Ron was mimicking Hermione, which I didn't really care for, mainly the mimicking part, "It's Levioooosa, not Leviosaaaar." Ron mimicked, but then went back to his normal vice, "She's a nightmare, honestly. No wonder she hasn't got any friends!" Ron exclaims at us. Turn around. I suddenly hear a voice in my head and turn around to see Hermione rushing to us. She pushes past Ron, hugging her books and sniffling in tears, "I think she heard you." Harry points out. I look at Harry, "You think?" I say sarcastically. Hermione disappears into the crowd, deeply hurt by Ron's words.

That Halloween night, the great hall was filled with floating Jack O'Lanterns in place of the candles. Harry and I notice the  empty spot on the bench. This left us wondering where Hermione was, "Where's Hermione?" Harry asks. "Parvati Patil said that she wouldn't come out of the girl's bathroom. She said that she'd been in there all afternoon...crying." Neville answered, Harry and I glance at Ron with disapproving looks on our faces; Ron shrugs at this. Suddenly, Professor Quirrell comes running into the Great Hall in panic, "TROLL! IN THE DUNGEON! T-TROOLLL IN THE DUNGEON!!" Quirrell yells as Dumbledore rises from his seat in concern. Everyone looked at Quirrell as he stops and there is utter silence, "Thought you ought to know." Quirrell adds. He then passed out. The room fell silent, and out of nowhere, everyone freaked out, screaming and running. Then Dumbledore had enough, "SILLLLLEEENNNNCEEEEE!" he yelled. Everyone fell silent and stopped running and yelling, "Everyone will please, not panic. Now, Prefects will lead their houses back to the dormitories. Teachers will follow me to the dungeons." Dumbledore orders as the prefects gather everyone.