2

Chapter two

❝ You didn't look so ❞
---———————---

Song Guleum's long, slinky arm is out to reach for the opened window, reaching out for her hanged tote bag that was washed weeks ago

Song Guleum's long, slinky arm is out to reach for the opened window, reaching out for her hanged tote bag that was washed weeks ago. It was finally time to use it again.

She only ever uses it when she needs to carry stuff for the theater since she's one of the prop makers there- Well, all of the actors there are and she's no exception.

While dusting the tote bag after taking it from outside, she remembered how peaceful her day would go as she would have to skip going to the cafeteria to make props.

She knows how much she had been waiting for this and the day had finally came and is waiting for her to enjoy it. She can't stand more of his face anymore.

Happy, she hummed her way to her kitchen where her wooden katana was located. It is needed for the play that is coming on in the next two weeks.

She had previously bought it for self defense, only getting a slightly dull wooden one because she doesn't trust herself with anything sharp.
Who knows what would happen when she finally lets the intrusive thoughts eat her whole...

With a bit of paper materials, cardboard boxes, ribbons, glues, tapes, and for the final item: her katana. She's finally ready to leave for school, but only one thing was needed.

She slid the katana into the case that came with it upon buying since it was originally meant for cosplays and just for actual props and not for what she had intended to.

‘Hmn, it's quite useful for today’ Guleum thought, locking her doors and walking off to the sidewalks.

While silently walking through the shadows of the tall buildings surrounding her, she noticed a familiar figure.

A male that was forcing their school bag onto another female student. That male was definitely Cheongsan. His figure and his overall aura cannot be mistaken by Guleum who had known him for years.

And for the female, it was Onjo, the one who has to carry his school backpack all the way over to school and not to mention how they're all running late, meaning that Onjo has to run with that large bag.

After Cheongsan running away and leaving Onjo with his heavy backpack, Guleum, who is currently in a good mood decided to walk up to Onjo.

If Cheongsan's close with her, then she's probably friendly.

“He's quite a punk, huh?” Guleum said, attempting to start a conversation with the girl.
Onjo, startled by the sudden appearance of Guleum who has a tall, lanky body and long, black hair and even paired with pale white skin. Not surprising that Onjo got scared.

“Ah- yes, he never listens to me” She replied while grabbing the bag but it keeps slipping through her fingers. The bag must be slippery.

Feeling bad, Guleum decided to grab the one of the bag's arms and carried it to her chest, completely hugging the bag and leaving Onjo dumbfounded by this sudden approach coming from this mysterious, introverted girl.

“Oh... I was just fine-” Onjo muttered, confused if she should be grateful or she should ask why in the first place but deep inside, she knew she wanted someone else to carry that bag.

“You didn't look so” Smiling, Guleum nudged on Onjo's shoulder, “We should probably run” Guleum suggested, remembering that they're already running late and the gate might close before they could enter the school grounds.

“yes! right!” The girl replied, watching Guleum, closely, waiting for her to run so she could follow.

“Race you” Guleum grinned before running off exactly how Cheongsan did before.
“Unfair!” Onjo yelled, tailing Guleum behind.

The two felt comfortable with each other solely because of Guleum's sudden approach with that friendly vibe and talking like they're good childhood friends which made it feel like Onjo had known her for years.

Running through the sidewalks, they finally made it to where a bunch of students had gathered that are waiting for the stop light to go red for them to be able to cross the streets and onto ‘not tardy’ zone.

Both the girls are quite exhausted at this point well, who wouldn't? they had just ran at full speed to reach this busy crowd that somehow felt safe, knowing that there are a hundred more in the same boat of them.

Guleum looked behind her, seeing Onjo panting, and clearly dried mouthed after the run. Not wanting to lose her not tardy streak, Guleum grabbed Onjo's small hands and onto the side of the crowd as the timer got closer and closer to an end.

3...
2...
1...

“RUN!” Guleum shouted, dragging Onjo on the streets.

And just as that, the two made it before that annoying guy makes them write their names for being late.

They both gasped for air after the continuous running they had just done.
“I need chicken for that... as reward...” Guleum muttered to herself but was loud enough for Onjo to hear.

“You shouldn't only eat chicken, that's bad for your health” Onjo said, smiling at Guleum, knowing that her sudden reveal of worriedness would surprise the girl infront of her.

“How'd you know that?” Onjo's sudden reveal about knowing what she eats every day completely caught her off-guard, which was perfectly predicted by Onjo who gave her a light laugh after.

“I heard it from Cheongsan's mom. You should know that she's really worried about you” Onjo answered as she takes the back pack from Guleum who blushed at the thought.

Not romantically. Jesus. But she felt like a child with a mother again. Oh, to have a mother again.