14

Chapter fourteen

❝ It's coming! ❞
-------------

I silently listen to the people around me argue about what to search or what not

I silently listen to the people around me argue about what to search or what not. Their voices were overlapping each other and the noise isn't for me. I backed away and turned to the window where I saw the chaos around us.

Surprisingly, there are still students outside the field, fighting zombies around them but unfortunately not making it. It's a grusome sight to see and definitely a sad one. We know life is unpredictable but we did not think about this. Not in a million years. What we thought was fiction would stay as fiction.

“How many friends do you have?” Daesu asks as Joonyeong's fingers slapped each letters on the keyboard harshly. Even from here, I could hear each notification flood his inbox. My 26 facebook friends could never.

I remained standing on this little window, admiring the skies as I try my best to avoid the brutal scene below. It was a moment of peace not until the fire hose from earlier smacked the window beside me into pieces, making a loud sound, startling everyone in the room.

They all shout and I did too “HOLY SHIT!” I yelled, plunging on the ground after jumping backwards from this hose surprise. Is someone else going down the rope?

They all huddled together, scared of what's to come. I sat on the ground, closest to the window and my heart raced, filled with terror for I hope that it isn't a zombie coming down.

“Guleum... did you do that?” Gyeongsu asks, leaning his head out to look at me. I shrugged my head no. I am also as confused as you are, Gyeongsu.

Cheongsan, being the only one brave enough to approach the swinging rope, he stood infront of the window and is slowly looking up to see what had caused the window to break.
“Be careful” Suhyeok tells Cheongsan.

A hand then grabbed my arm and helped me get up, pulling me into the group and into their warm grasp. “Did the glass hurt you?” Suhyeok asks, holding me but I didn't answer. My mind was only focused on the sound of glass cracking as Cheongsan walks on them.

Gyeongsu's hand waved to us, telling us that it probably was just nothing. Well, he should know, maybe? he's the second closest to the window. “It must've been the wind. Shit, that scared me” Gyeongsu sighed, eyes still locked on the window.

I did the same, sighed in relief but that was cut short when a zombie jumpscared us so hard that we all fell in each other's body. We all screamed as we fall and I honestly find it funny. Is it not?

“It's coming!” Daesu repeated for the third time while everyone runs behind him. Suhyeok and I stood infront of him though, while I am unbothered about the zombie that is clearly stuck and won't go anywhere near us.

With Cheongsan's quick thinking, he grabs a broom and started stabbing the zombie with it. Gyeongsu runs to help and I did the same. I grabbed my wooden katana and started stabbing it's eyes before moving to where the heart is.

Weak as the katana is, it breaks in half while I was midway stabbing it. Now it has a part of katana in it. Weird.

“The arm!” Joonyeong warns us as the zombie started reaching for my hair but I will not let it. Although it may seem like a dumb move, I pulled the zombie's arm close to me and twisted it before slamming it onto the window frame where it cracked. Now that arm is basically useless now.

I backed away to take a moment to look at my hands filled with zombie blood after I assaulted it with a wooden weapon. Never thought I'd see myself covered with blood.

“What are you doing?!” Suhyeok runs to help the frozen Cheongsan. While helping, I watched Suhyeok accidentally slam the end of the stick on Gyeongsu's face, making his nose crack.

“Oh, Gyeongsu!” I said, holding in my laugh as I push him aside to see if his nose is alright or not.

The zombie then became quiet and it wasn't moving, giving us a false relief when the arm which I thought I broken grabbed the frame and started screeching at us again. Not knowing what had just happened, I stood in confusion as Gyeongsu runs to the pc, grabbing it and started sprinting towards the two infront.

“Bare-su!” he yells, running towards the window before smashing the zombie with the computer we could've used. But he did what he had to. The zombie then falls down with the tense atmosphere with it as we all sighed in relief.

The guys then walked infront of the window to make sure was gone and far from us. Even though most of us didn't do much, we all started panting due to how terrified we all were to be so close to a zombie that just wouldn't budge.

“You alright?” They all ask each other. Hugging, grabbing a table, and patting each other's back. We all made sure to breathe in and relax now that we're safe again.

I walked towards the guys and infront of Gyeongsu where I handed him my handkerchief “You might need it” I said before walking to the window next to them. “For what?” he followed me to ask “Your nose?” I answered, pointing to his nose before nodding and facing the group behind us.

“Your nose...” Nayeon points out as a small drip of blood runs down his nose.

“Is bleeding?” I butt in, turning Gyeongsu's body to face me and there I see, his nose has started to bleed from the impact from earlier.