8

Chapter eight

❝ You seriously want to read books at this time? ❞
---———————---

I watched as everyone catches their breaths, obviously tired after all those fighting and running they just did

I watched as everyone catches their breaths, obviously tired after all those fighting and running they just did. I honestly feel heavy and tired just watching them pant.

Leaning my back on the wall, I sighed in relief as my eyes laid on Cheongsan who was also looking at me, guessing that he wants to say something.

Well he has to say something. He ditched me earlier.

As everyone started placing the tables back to block the door, I decided to step up, walking slowly towards him and giving him an unamused expression. Crossing my arms together, “Got something to say?” I grinned, “Mr. Lee”.

He slowly looked down, guilty of what he had done “Sorry for leaving you earlier,” he muttered, fidgeting his hands around “I was really worried” He added, looking at me in the eyes this time.

I smiled, tapping his shoulders “It's alright. I'm here now”

After hearing Cheongsan's apology, my attention turned to Onjo and that pink girl who pushed us earlier. They're shouting about a phone.

“How could you drop it?!” The girl shouted, removing their intwined hands and pushing Onjo hard on the chest.

“Who cares about that now? this is more important” Someone who I quite recognize replied as he grab a chair to put infront of the door.

“Who are you to butt in?” She snapped, “It's because you didn't close the door. If you had, the gym teacher wouldn't have gotten in. We almost died because of you.”

“Then maybe you should have held the door” he replied. He isn't wrong though. So far this girl has only contributed noise and unwanted fights.

Them arguing would only attract more zombies, possibly crushing the doors down like how they did in the cafeteria. If a door was easy enough for one guy to take, then 20 zombies should be enough to take it down.

“You're a fucking asshole” She hissed, her eyes not moving away from the guy she's bickering with.

The guy dropped the chair he was holding and was about to choke the fuck out of her but the door guy called his name out “Gyeongsu-”

“Stop arguing, you'll only attract more zombies” I butt in, walking beside Gyeongsu and holding his arm, walking him to the chair that he just dropped.

Everyone then all agreed that we should just finish barricading the door first before they argue.

The girl then removed her tie, reminding me that I should do the same.

After doing so, I started helping and held onto the doors and chairs that were starting to fall off because of the zombies outside that are actively pushing them. “You're alright...” Gyeongsu who is right beside me muttered.

I move my head to face Onjo who is looking through a bag, not wanting to invade someone else's conversation.
“Ehem, I'm glad you're safe” he repeated, a bit louder this time. No one replied.

“Guleum” He called. I hurriedly turn my head up and faced Gyeongsu “Huh?” confused, I tilt my head at him, waiting for him to say something.

He looked away, facing the ground, drawing circles with his foot “You're fine, right?” he questioned. I nod yes and looked at him up and down “You?” He smiled, nodding.

“Suhyeok.” Onjo exclaimed, catching everyone's attention. We all stopped moving (as if I wasn't already), waiting for Onjo to say something again.

“Where's Suhyeok? has anyone seen him?” Onjo questioned, leaving everyone confused and started looking around to find this guy.

I looked at everyone who all fell quiet “He was behind me, but...” Cheongsan answered “Then where is he?” Onjo replied, voice shaking as she is worried about her friend.

“I... don't know” he sadly replied.

Then everyone fell quiet once again, only the sounds of zombies hissing and growling from the outside and the sounds of chairs and tables trying it's best to hold on only made the room more awkward- if that makes sense.

I decided to move back as arms are now sore from having it raised up the whole time, trying my best to not let any stools or chairs fall down.

Only leaving it to the boys, I sat down the chair next to Onjo and cleared my throat, trying to get her attention.

“huh?” after getting her attention, I grab my tote bag from underneath the table and showed her all the paper and tape I have.

“I was going to use this as protection but they were too thin,” I said, placing all the materials on the table behind us. “Perhaps you lot have any harder materials?” I asked.

Her eyes light up, giving me a small smile before grabbing someone's backpack “Joonyeong!” She called out.

The guy with the glasses turned his head towards her “Yeah?” he replied, pushing his glasses up “Do you have books?” Onjo asked, holding his bag.

“You seriously want to read books at this time?” Madlad door guy asked, pointing at Onjo, making everyone furrow their eyebrows.
“No! We can use them to protect ourselves- like in the movies!” She replied, eyes glimmering with hope.

They all nodded, approving of this idea. The people who aren't on door duty then started coming to us, watching as Onjo and I wrap books and notebooks around Joonyeong.

“Wow, Onjo! that's so smart” The girl with short hair said in awe, intently watching our hands crafting new protection for the other arm.

“Not me, her” Onjo replied, pointing at me.
I felt everyone's eyes on me but not one of them made a sound.

After a second or two, someone finally broke the silence. “Do me next” The pink girl said, pushing everyone away.

“You're not my type” I smiled, hoping anyone would get the joke.

Before anyone could say anything, the whole school started ringing a high pitched noise that would almost break our ears. The speakers are turned on.

A familiar voice, a voice of a teacher who I have always loved. Ms. Park. She started talking to us, to the students, to the only surviving students. We all sat up, leaning our heads towards the sounds.

Sorry if you didn't like this chapter because I won't lie, I don't like it either. It's pretty rushed, I don't know if you can tell but it is.