10

Chapter ten

❝ She seemed sweet ❞
-------------

"Stop that!" Onjo cried out as she watched Cheongsan push and hurt I-sak

I couldn't just stand there and watch so I stepped in and shoved a rolled up notebook in her mouth and grabbed her by the collar, giving Cheongsan space to grab a chair to hit her when Onjo started shouting and yelling.

"Lee Cheongsan!" She yelled as she watch Cheongsan grab a chair, giving I-sak time to get out of my grasp, turning her body to me, making as both fall. Her disfigured face gave me the chills. To think that I saw her innocent face before she turned and comparing that to this monstrosity was terrifying.

With the notebook still on her mouth, she wouldn't be able to bite me so I grabbed her hair and pulled it back to give me space to breathe as Cheongsan started helping me get her off me. While holding her down, Cheongsan slowly made his way to the window where he pushed her off.

A hand grab my arm and helped me stand up "Thank youuu...?" I said to this boy, giving him a light smile hoping that he would give me his name. "Jang Wujin" he replied, exchanging my smile. "Thank you, Jang Wujin"

I turn my head back at the window as Wujin slowly drag me back up to see Cheongsan and Onjo dangling their bodies on the window while Onjo sob's filled the room as she tries to not let go of her beloved friend.

I felt so bad for her. I know the pain of losing someone you love the most. Seeing them leave without a proper goodbye.

"let go!" Cheongsan cried.

Cheongsan then grabbed a stool and started smacking I-sak, finally letting her go to fall down the building as we heard a loud thud, making all of us lower our heads down as guilt filled out minds, knowing that we have not only zombie blood in our hands but also human blood.

I wonder what went through I-sak's mind before she turned.

"Onjo..." Cheongsan whispered but Onjo just glared at him before sitting down to sob and mourn for her friend and we all stood still, watching Onjo cry on the floor.

I turned to Wujin who is still by my side and looked at him. Seeing his eyes slowly got drained. He just lost a classmate.

I hope that he survives this, Jang Wujin, I hope you do. I don't want to think that I'm holding you right now and the next thing I'll know is that you're cold, bloody, and out to kill.
I don't want to think that to anyone.

Knowing that there's a possibility that he would not survive scares me. Making me think that anyone in this room is my responsibility to protect. It's scary how anyone here could turn at any time.

Let's all get home after this, drink until we're spouting nonsense and talk until the sunrise.

"Damn it... Hold this!" Gyeongsu shouted as he battles zombies by pushing a hoard of them out the room. He struggles as only four of them are holding a massive amount of zombies.

I just glanced at him before following Onjo to a table where she sat. Followed by two other girls, we sat beside her and held her for comfort.

I grab another stool and sat right next to her. I lay my hand on her shoulder and laid my head on the table, thoroughly looking at her face.

"She seemed sweet" I muttered, letting go of her shoulder. "I feel you. Losing someone is a horrible feeling but..." I stopped, remembering my mom's face, smiling at me as she welcomes me with open arms.

I buried my face on my arms as I recall all the sweet times I've have had with my mother who know rests in a place that is now probably infested by mindless creatures. It may sound bad but I'm happy she isn't here to experience this.

Footsteps then started to walk towards us as it gets louder and louder. I raised my head up a little to see who it was and saw Cheongsan, hesitating whether or not he should say something.

I stared, knowing that he's also hurt by this.

I slowly stood up and followed him as he slowly walk away from us. "I'm sorry that you had to do that" I said, walking beside him "I know you also feel horrible that you had to do that but you had no choice" I continued "Onjo may be hurt but she'll soon be thankful that you didn't let her turn. I'm thankful too, you know?" Nudging him as we both stood in the corner.

"For what?" he asks, raising an eyebrow "If you didn't do that, no one would. We would've been zombies by now if it weren't for you" I smiled, turning my body to the left, preparing to leave and help with the barricade.

"Thank you to you too. No one else would probably say that to me"

"They're glad that you pushed her. They just wouldn't say it"

I stood Infront of a girl who is struggling to push the zombies behind her. I noticed that her shoes are starting to slip so I stood right beside we started pushing together. "You're strong for that" I said, struggling to even keep my balance as my shoes started slipping and my arms already cramping.

She didn't reply, just giving me the lightest smile as she lowered her head a little.

"We would not last a day here" I continued, hoping that she'll reply with her own opinion but she just started, looking at her shoes before looking up to see zombie hands grabbing air above us.

"We really won't" she finally replied, leaning forward to look at how the other guys were doing. They're all struggling as bad as we do.

"Let's get out. We won't last here" Cheongsan announced, looking at Gyeongsu and turning to me. "Right?!" I replied, looking at him right back.

"What where when, how?" Wujin asks which also made me think. I don't think we can parkour our way out of here, and even if we do, where would we go?

"The rope from earlier" Cheongsan answered, looking at Gyeongsu who stands infront of the door.

"Right!! Ms. Park should be two floors below us because of her message from the broadcasting room earlier" I said, smiling, happy that my brain worked for once.