15

Chapter fifteen

❝ You just want him out ❞
-------------

“Who wouldn't have a nose bleed after being hit by an experienced fighter?” I questioned Nayeon and basically everybody after they all started to back away from Gyeongsu

“Right?!” Gyeongsu agrees as he wiped his hand on his nose, trying to remove the blood away.

“But look! he has a bite mark!” Nayeon added, poiting to Gyeongsu's wrist that is now coated with blood, unknown if it's a zombie's or his.
My head quickly turned to his hand and grabbed it, carefully looking at his wound that looks very much like a scratch rather than a bite mark.

It doesn't have marks of human teeth or it is big enough for a bite mark. It is no more than a scratch mark from all that fighting sacrifice he had made for the group.

I didn't say anything to defend him, I just grabbed the towel from his other hand and went to my tote bag where I keep my bottle of water “I-Is it a bite?” Wujin asked, his eyes following me as I pour small amount of water into my towel. I shrugged my head no.

“Ah, it's because Suhyeok hit me! Guleum saw it” Gyeongsu answered Wujin's question, walking towards the table to grab another handkerchief to wipe the blood away.

“S-Stand back!” Nayeon demanded, screaming at Gyeongsu, poor innocent Gyeongsu. “Seriously, why do you keep picking on me?” He snapped, exchanging the loud voice to Nayeon “You were bit! your nose is bleeding! Isak had a nose bleed before she turned! Onjo-” he rant continued but I was having none of it.

What would have turned out if I wasn't here to witness the hit? would they have pushed him out of the room for zombies to feast on?

“I understand that you're looking out for the team but I saw Gyeongsu got hit by Suhyeok and I saw it clear as the day!” While explaining, I started cleaning his wound of blood, worried that zombie blood mixed with your wound could turn you into a zombie, proving Nayeon's point out in some sort of way.

“What about that bite?” Nayeon won't stop, pointing out every part of Gyeongsu “It's not” I replied immediately “Damn it!” this happened while I was saving you! How could you say such things?” He said, almost crying as no one else would take our side. I do not blame them, I would be in the same side as them if I didn't witness it.

“And why would I defend someone I don't even know?” I smiled and that was when Cheongsan and Suhyeok came towards us, taking their own look at Gyeongsu's wound, a wound and nothing more.

“It's just a scratch. Whoever wants to check, come and check” Cheongsan announced and all the males started coming and having their own glance at it, leaving Nayeon surprised.

After everyone confirmed it, Daesu turned to Nayeon “Hey, Lee Nayeon. Say you're sorry and end this” Daesu demanded and I nodded in agreeance.

“Why should I?” her hardheadedness wouldn't budge “He just saved our lives” Daesu replied, knotting his brows towards Nayeon's bullcrap.

“I saw it-” Nayeon was about to put more shit in their heads hut I decided to butt in, wanting to say what's in my mind “and I did too! I was right there, I was beside him as we literally fought this zombie for everyone's safety while you whined” I started, being extremely pissed now at this point.

“But it grabbed him! I saw it with my own two eyes!!” forcing what didn't happen, I took a big breath before continuing my own “And I didn't? I was the closest to him, we were stabbing the zombie and-” I stopped as I realized something.

“You just want him out, don't you?” The room fell quiet once again, only leaving us to talk and argue while I wait for Nayeon to answer my question. “Nayeon, is that true?” Ms. Park finally broke the silence. Our eyes locked on Nayeon.

“That welfie pushed me!” She then points to Gyeongsu whose eyes burned in anger. “You fucking...” He then tried to walk towards Nayeon, wanting to grab and choke her, or maybe not. I don't know what's going on in his mind but right now, violence towards other people wouldn't be ideal in this zombie apocalypse situation we have going on.

But fortunately, Cheongsan got a grab on Gyeongsu's collar, preventing him from harming Nayeon. “He just saved us and you? what about you?”

“Hey, Lee Nayeon. I know you've always hated him but this is completely different from badmouthing him. This is a matter of life and death.” Cheongsan, explaining it to Nayeon that what she wants to commit is murder.

“She's always like this” The pony tailed girl joined in, saying it as she glared at Nayeon's foolishness.

“If it weren't for him, we may all be dead now” Suhyeok also joins, everyone else joins and we all take only one side and it's Gyeongsu's. “And he might kill us now” Nayeon, still hardheaded replied.

“And I'm about to die because of you” Woojin sarcastically said and I absolutely agree, pointing at him and saying “right?!”

Right now, I can't take anymore fighting so I just held the back of my neck and took a big breath before sitting on one of the plastic chairs behind the small table. And right now, I just want to sleep and wake up to a normal day again.