11

Chapter eleven

❝ You want me to? ❞
-------------

I watched from behind as Cheongsan slowly opened the door, preparing himself to reach outside, risking his arm as zombies from outside loudly roams around the hallway

"Cheongsan" I whispered, crouching beside him "what?" I took my katana out and slid it next to him for him to take "use that instead" I advised before walking back to look at him in such an awkward position.

I couldn't help but laugh to myself before looking at the door guy from earlier who seemed to be struggling the most as the zombies' heads popped up above him.

I walk towards him and started pushing myself, giving him a little relief as the tables he's pushing got lighter. "Thank you" he said, bowing his head a little to which I returned.

"That door from earlier was really smart" I started "It reminded me of that cool guy from train to busan" a smile formed on his mouth as he looked away from me "Is your name Sanghwa too?" I chuckled, pushing the tables with my back as I waited for his reply "My name is Daesu" His smile got larger as he introduced himself to me.

"Nice name! I'm Guleum. Song Guleum from the theater club" I smiled, reaching my hand out for a handshake "I know, hehe" shaking hands "How'd you know?" We exchanged handshakes as I tilt my head, confused to how he knows my name since as far as I know, I hid my name pretty well.

“You got it!” Gyeongsu shouts, unintentionally taking all of attention to him as he helps Cheongsan pull the fire hose.

“I should help” I tell Daesu, running towards the two males that are now looking at ropes, adrenaline making them shake.

“tie knots big enough for shoes” Cheongsan said, tying the first knot on the rope “Zigzag! they should be zigzags” Joonyeong advised.

“Got it!” As we finished tying the rope down, I ran to the window and took at peek at what's under. Since this is the fourth floor, falling would result in probably death, maybe broken limbs but I think you'd die if you miss a knot while coming down. You wouldn't die to zombies, but to a high fall.

I moved aside so that Gyeongsu could put a chair on the table that will act as our stair to the window. I look back at everyone and watched as the kids struggle to keep things together so that zombies wouldn't flood the place.

Cheongsan hopped on the window and looked down to see what I saw that is death waiting for to slip. “What are you doing?” Gyeongsu asks, following Cheongsan's eyes that strayed to Onjo who is still mourning about her friend.

I ran to Onjo and held her hands, crouching beside her I whisper “See you on the broadcasting room” Flashing a smile, I walked back to the window to see Gyeongsu is now the one sitting on the window.

“Was he scared?” I ask, looking at Cheongsan “I-I don't know?? maybe he saw something there” Gyeongsu replied, stuttering.

“Hurry and get down” Wujin rushed Gyeongsu who wouldn't budge. I would too if it were a normal situation and with more free time but if I choose between being bit and start breakdancing to falling to my demise then I'd rather pick falling

“Rock paper scissors?”

I smiled at Gyeongsu's attempt to not be the first to go down. Yeah, being the first to climb down and not knowing if it would break or not is terrifying but we have no other choice here than to go down or to be eaten.

I walk away from the window and onto the middle, giving me a clear view of what's happening everywhere in the room. I see that Cheongsan is just quietly standing behind Onjo before catching my eyes.

‘talk to her’ I mouth to him but he didn't understand so he dragged his feet to where I stood. “Is she still mad?” He lowered his head gave me a large sigh “It was for the best” Crossing my arms around my body, I lower my upper body to look at his face that he wants to hide.

“You're quite a hero, actually” I smiled, trying to be comforting to only guy I actually knew in the room.
“Main character even” I added, nudging his arm which made him straighten his body up “You know you're not helping, right?” he said, obviously trying not to smile at me.

“You know you love compliments” I teased

“get lost” he denies as he continues not to smile at all.
I took that as a challenge, making me walk all the way to the door before looking back at him with a smile “You want me to?” I scoffed, holding the door.

The quiet girl from before was obviously surprised, looking at me with her eyes telling me to get the fuck off the door at once.

I then turned back to Cheongsan who stood still so quietly, waiting for me to actually leave as he watches me with one raised eyebrows “Wait do you actually want me to?!” I said in disbelief as he only grinned at me before turning away back to the window as Gyeongsu was already half way to down the rope.

“let me down next!” the pink girl said, pushing the ones that were stood on by the window.
Her body was already sat down the window when Cheongsan grabbed her by the arm and the others helped her climb back down.

“You can't. One person at a time because the rope will shake too much” Cheongsan reasoned, pushing her behind him so she wouldn't force herself on the rope, making them fall off.

We then hear Gyeongsu screaming Ms. Park's name, letting us know that he's made it all the way down there safely and unharmed.

I slide down the door next to the girl from before and took a big breath as I rest my head on the door before closing my eyes to get a moment of peace. Will the adults even save us?