12

Chapter eleven

❝ See you there ❞
-------------

The cold, tiled floor touched my thighs as I sat down on the farthest corner of the room, watching them all go down one at a time

“Go down after Namra, okay?” Wujin places the katana on my hands as he crouched infront of me before walking away, being the next to come down.
He takes another glance at me before jumping down the rope and that is when Namra comes after she sticks something to the wall.

I squint my eyes, trying to figure out what she had written on this piece of yellow note that felt so important that she had to leave it for someone to see.

As Namra goes down, Cheongsan's eyes scanned the room, landing his eyes on my body that sat peacefully on the cold floor.

He walks over to me, taking a quick look at Onjo while doing so.

I grab my tote bag and started putting all of my things back before Cheongsan reached my small spot .

“Hurry” He said, offering me his hand to which I gladly accept “See you there” I smiled bitterly, not letting go of his hand as we make our way to the window, scared that this might be our last moment together.

There could be a chance one of them wouldn't make it. The zombies kept piling up on this unguarded barricade that we had made and it's not going to last long.

Letting go of his hand, I sat down the window frame where I take once last look at Onjo who hasn't moved since earlier.
“I hope to see you there, Onjo” I grab the first knot and started manoeuvering into a position that would not let me slip and die.

Cheongsan's grip on my arm tightened as I miss the second knot, making the rope sway and my heart pumping faster.

Adrenaline rushed through my body as I started to climb down faster and faster “Guleum-ah!” Ms. Park shouts, causing me to look down to the ground where I saw hoards of zombies running to the spot below me, patiently waiting for me to fall.

I took a big gulp, suddenly praying to Ed Sheeran's left kidney that I wouldn't fall off and make it safely to the others.

This is the time where I thank my past self for wearing tight shorts and not those big loose ones.

A hand suddenly grabbed my left ankle causing me to freak and sway the rope left and right. “Ah- sorry!” Wujin's voice shouted, grabbing me even more. One hand turned into two, to three, to my waist, and there I go inside the broadcasting room.

“Everyone!” I happily shouts, smiling from ear to ear “Guleum!” Daesu replied, jumping as he smiled back at me.

Daesu and I hugged, jumping from joy that the two of us made it here safely. This guy, I like him for being so caring and always so positive, leaving a few jokes here and there to brighten up the dead atmosphere around us.

After our quick celebration, Gyeonsu once again yelled for Cheongsan's name.

I then placed my tote bag on the floor and started wandering around this small yet safer broadcasting room that felt more homely than the room we were just in. There is only one entrance and that entrance window is already blocked by papers and magazines that Ms. Park already placed. There is also another room, the recording room where we can maybe sleep in?

This room is safe but what caught my attention was the computer that sat in the middle of the room. “grab her!” Gyeongsu said.

My neck cracked to how fast I turned my head in such a short amount of time. I bolted to the window, helping them pull Onjo in the broadcasting room. Her warm hands grabbed mine as I support her from coming down the classroom.

She immediately zoned off, focusing her eyes on only a small part of the room. Assuming that she's still depressed about what's happened to her best friend, I left her alone to stand beside Daesu that is now swearing as she stared at the mirror, waiting for his last friend to climb down to safety.

I wanted to do the same but I figured I should help even if there already are a lot waiting on him and ready to help him climb in.

It was quiet, we all stood to quietly and intensely waiting for Cheongsan to appear into our vision. What is taking him so long?

I walked beside Wujin and poked my head out to see how far he's gone down, scared that if I don't see him there then...
I brushed that thought out of my mind and continued looking upwards.

Then all of a sudden, Cheongsan and along with other bodies suddenly jumped out of the window above and started falling.

My heart sank and I felt like throwing up out of the window. My hand flew to my mouth, not letting myself cry uncontrollably.

I watched as his body splat to the ground, blood all over as zombies started to feast on his body that I just held moments before. My head started to spin and Ms. Park holding me for support- except that's not what happened.

Praising every God there is, I cry out loud as we all watch Cheongsan dangle from above us. A zombie tightly holds on his trousers, holding on for dear life.

“Cheongsan-ah!” Onjo cried, tearfully looking at her male bestfriend being saved by pure skill. I wouldn't make it if I were him.
“Cheongsan!!” I also called before walking back, holding in tears.