9

Chapter nine

❝ Why is your hand so cold? ❞
---———————---

❝ Why is your hand so cold? ❞---———————---

After hearing Ms. Park asking how we are doing and other things that got all of us in the feels, we all bowed out heads down as some of us started to cry.

I honestly wanted to cry but I don't have any more energy to do so. Crying does not solve anything but it is a way to release some stress out and I couldn't even do it because of how exhausted I am both psychically and mentally.

“Let's meet again, okay?” she said before turning the mic off. The room filled with sobs and people comforting each other. Friends holding arms, and others laying their head on their shoulders.

I just sat down on the chair, holding a piece of notebook that I was going to place on pink girl who now sat on the other end of the room.

After a moment of silence, we all started clearing up and started doing our things again. I finished Nayeon's protection and noticed that our supplies are running low.

I-sak, who's already sat on the chair infront of us noticed how I looked at the bag that was once full with books and notebooks is now empty.

“Onjo, we don't have much left” I whispered, showing her our only supplies left. “Should we just give them to people that are going to fight the zombies?” I suggested, looking at the guys that are sat near the door.

Onjo followed my eyes and stared at them for a couple of seconds before nodding “Yes, do that” she whispered.

We both looked back at I-sak who raised both her arms up, thinking that we're going to wrap her up. “Ah” Looking at her made me feel sad. She thought she's going to have protection, already sitting on the chair. It would be embarrassing for her.

Onjo held her hands out and held both of I-sak's hand as she leans in “We planned to...” she stopped, holding I-sak's hand tighter.

“I-sak...” she muttered, looking at her hands and back to I-sak who's patiently waiting for Onjo to say something.

Placing their hands on her cheek, Onjo's eyes got drained and It was very obvious that there's something wrong that we all needed to hear.

“why are you so cold?” she asks, making me furrow my eyebrows. “What?” I-sak asked, confused.

“Your hand is so...” Onjo stopped, letting go of her hands as she and I drop our jaws as I-sak's nose started to bleed.

I jolted up, pushing the chair out and catching everyone's attention. I gripped my katana and held my hand out to block Onjo. This definitely isn't good.

“What's with the bleeding?” I asked, slowly removing the katana from waist. Everyone who was around us started to back away to the corner of the room.

“Were you bit?” Onjo's voice stuttered, clearly holding in tears as realization kicked in that she's about to lose a friend. A friend who she held so dearly.

“No- I wasn't. Really, I wasn't!” I-sak's voice raised, wiping her face over and over as more blood started to pump out of her nose. Now face smeared with blood, I take my katana out and pointed it to her.

Onjo wasn't having it, pushing me away to embrace her friend who keeps denying what's obvious.

Everyone started to panic, whispering things like 'she was bit'. All stood in the corner of the room. “You're bit.. You were bit?” Pink girl said, standing up from her chair.

“I said I wasn't bit!” she shouted, pushing Onjo away to look at the mirror from the other side of the room. She looked at her reflection, clearly showing her the truth that she already knows.

Onjo slowly and weakly walked towards I-sak that started to panic. I grab Onjo's arm, refraining her from reaching I-sak's arms again that could potentially turn her into a zombie.

“Hey. You're okay, right?” Gyeonsu asked.
“Onjo-ya” I-sak called, looking at us with those bloody eyes that creeps me out.

“I'm not, right?” she said as her eyes gets more and more bloody by the second. Onjo removed her arm from my grasp, making her way towards her friend that is now turning into the undead.

“Please leave” I said softly, letting her know that I want her out for our safety. I slowly walked, pushing Gyeongsu aside, putting him with the rest of the group before getting a hold of Onjo again who is now hugging her dear friend.

“I'M FINE!” She screamed, her eyes pierced through me. Zombies started to hear us, pushing our perfect barricade off little by little, making the guys support it as our little drama continued.

“You're putting us in danger. Please don't be selfish” I replied. A hand then whipped Onjo and I out forcefully. It was Cheongsan with an expression that I never knew he could make.

Onjo couldn't accept it, forcing her way out of Cheongsan but I stepped in and hugged her side so she wouldn't be able to run to her old friend.

“Onjo-” I-sak said before collapsing to the ground face first, startling everyone in the room. The three of us backed away as I-sak started to twist and turn, making her bones crack like crazy.

“Someone do something, quick!! throw her out the window” No one did anything, only watching from afar as the three of us froze in fear, watching their once good friend turn into something that could put out lives out.

“She's turning into a zombie!”

I couldn't do anything. I don't want to kick and throw someone's friend out the window. Though technically it's not a murder anymore, having that I've never actually hurt someone before besides Gwinam.

Standing up, her head turned to us, staring into Cheongsan's eyes before bolting her way to him, hugging his body, only thing separating them are his arms that stopped her from biting him.