[005]

02x10
"the sacrifice"

Mira stood outside of Elena's house, shuffling slightly on her feet.

She was impatient, wanting to talk to the doppelganger, but also check on her. She wanted to take this deal with Elijah seriously. That's why as soon as the clock hit six a.m she put her white hair in an incredibly messy bun, threw on an oversized jumper, and made her way to the Gilbert residence.

The doppelganger opened the door with a confused face. 'Mira?'

'Hey,' Mira gave her a sheepish smile. 'Can I come in?'

Elena nodded stepping to the side, allowing Mira to sneak on through and let out a relieved sigh when she went into the heated home.

'Did you want anything to drink?' Elena asked awkwardly, leading Mira to the kitchen.

'Coffee sounds like heaven,' answered Mira. She hadn't got much sleep, thinking over both the deal with Esther and the deal with Elijah. She honestly didn't think she was going to accept Esther's offer.

'Listen I know you saved my life and all,' Elena said, setting down a coffee and pulling Mira out of her head. 'But what are you doing here?'

'Sheila was like a mother to me,' Mira admitted. 'Taught me some of what I know. Bonnie is like my sister, and although we don't really get along, you're her best friend, so I was just checking up on you. I heard about your talk with Katherine, it must've really messed with your head,' she added sympathetically.

'I don't want anyone to die for me,' Elena admitted softly. 'Klaus killed Katherine's entire family because she ran. Who knows what he'd do to my family and friends if we fight back.'

Mira studied the doppelganger for a few moments before answering – somewhat – honestly. 'Bonnie and Caroline are my main priority here, so if you come up with any plan, just ensure they're okay. They're not to get hurt, and if you can guarantee that, I will help you.'

Elena looked slightly happier.

'Speaking of Caroline, does she know what I am?' Mira asked. She had always wanted to be the one to tell her, considering they were close friends.

'Yeah she knows,' Elena answered, and her heart sank. 'Everyone knows. You're a supernatural creature that even Damon and Stefan haven't heard of. We decided to inform everyone.'

'That was not your secret to share,' Mira glared at Elena, who shrunk back slightly under her stare.

'Well, you were sleeping with Damon, we needed to know if you were using him for information,' Elena spat out bitterly and Mira grinned.

'You sound jealous.'

Elena turned a beet red. 'N-no, I, um, what? This isn't about me.'

'For the first time in your life,' Mira mumbled, and Elena glared.

'The reason you haven't heard of my kind is that there's none left. I'm unique, kind of like how rippers are unique. Most of us grow to be killers with sociopathic tendencies, but I'm fine.'

'Sociopath?'

Mira laughed at Elena's appalled look.

'Elena, you are practically dating two vampires who probably have a collected body count of over 10,000 and you're scared I may be a sociopath?' She laughed. 'God, are you emotionally damaged or what?'

Elena was saved from answering by the knock that echoed throughout the house, so she settled on a glare, which simply made Mira laugh. She opened the door to reveal the Salvatore boys.