[011]

02x15
"the dinner party pt. 2"

Nik had instructed Mira to wear something warm, so she did.

Picking out an oversized jumper with jeans and black combat boots, she waited inside and grinned when a knock echoed on the door.

She opened the door, and there he stood. He gave her a smile and held out a bouquet of flowers.

'I didn't know what your favourite flower was, so I got you all different ones.'

Mira took the flowers with a grin that made Klaus want to smile, and walked back inside, grabbing a vase from one of her top cupboards. She filled it with water and placed the flowers in it. They were already artfully arranged and the colours were vibrant and beautiful.

'You know you don't have to wait outside, right?' she said, amused as she saw Nik leaning against the wall. He was dressed in a denim jacket and dark blue jeans, and she couldn't help but check him out.

'I'm simply waiting for you to invite me in, love.'

She laughed slightly. 'Of course, come on- '

But then she stopped. Staring at him.

He stared back.

'Ooh he's not subtle at all is he?'

'He's such a bloody wanker.'

'Niklaus is an idiot.'

'FINN!'

'What? I- oh. OH. Mira, ignore what I said, that's not Niklaus he- '

'You sure you're not the idiot Finn?'

'Oh, sod off Kol.'

'Mira? Mira? Oh, okay she's ignoring us.'

'More like she's ignoring Finn.'

'Are they just gonna stare at each other all day?'

'This is the most awkward thing I've ever experienced in my 900 years of daggered life.'

'Remember that one-time Finn's coffin almost fell off the back of the ship?'

'WHAT?'

'In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have compelled the sailor to take off when his coffin wasn't even on board.'

'Yeah, that was an idiotic thing to do Kol.'

'YOU LEFT ME-'

'We remembered you!'

'The fact is, I don't think this is the most awkward thing in the past 900 years. I mean, you weren't awake, but, one-time, Kol almost got a witch to set fire to your coffin.'

'Why- '

'I was bored!'

'That is- that is- I have no words.'

'We have rendered our older brother speechless Bekah. We should take a photo.'

'Only Mira can take a photo.'

'Right. And we broke her.'

'Bloody hell are they still staring?'

'So, you going to invite me in?' Nik broke the silence, and Mira just looked at him.

Glass and ocean blue eyes locked, sizing each other up.

She stepped towards him, and when she was a close distance, she lifted his left hand, inspecting the ring adorning his middle finger. It looked exactly like Elijah's and she felt the magic on it. She grinned at him, and he was watching curiously as she began siphoning it.