[012]

02x18
"the last dance"

Waking up Mira could feel a certain heaviness in the air.

Magic, it seemed, had replaced the air she breathed. There was so much magic in Mystic Falls that she could almost just directly siphon from the oxygen.

She was sure that this was a part of the Scooby gang's plan. Bonnie, it seemed, was channelling a lot of magic. So much magic. Too much magic.

The magic was hostile towards Mira. Usually magic felt euphoric coursing though her veins, but this magic was bitter, as if it was stabbing Mira with multiple pins. It felt as though it had a mind of its own, and Mira groaned.

Bloody spirits.

Mira walked out of the unfamiliar bedroom, and when she walked to the resting area she frowned in confusion.

'Ric?'

But when he turned around he gave Mira a grin. A sinister smirk. The devils smile.

Klaus.

'You're awake,' he nodded towards her. 'Thought I killed you for a second.'

'Seriously?' Mira scoffed at the original. 'I agree to your terms, we make a legitimate deal, and then you think it's necessary to smash my head against a rock?'

'A tree,' Klaus corrected. 'But yes.'

'Why?'

'I needed you asleep for a while,' Klaus shrugged. 'As you can see, I've been busy. You would've gotten all soft towards the history teacher, and I needed him.

'Okay, pop quiz,' Klaus turned towards the vampire doppelganger that he had compelled to sit on one of the seats. 'The dagger and white ash are in the Salvatore's possession, correct?'

Mira's eyes went wide, since when did they have a dagger?

'The dagger was used to kill Elijah,' Katherine answered, and Mira searched the room for the ghost. He didn't show himself though. 'You'll find him in the basement of the Salvatore house.'

'Okay, that dagger needs to stay exactly where it is,' Klaus said, fixing the collar of the flannel shirt he stole from Ric's cupboard. 'The last thing I need to do is resurrect Elijah. Oh, that guy is a buzzkill.'

'I dunno,' Mira smirked, leaning against the doorway in between the room and the lounging area. 'He looked pretty hot in a suit.'

Katherine watched carefully as Klaus scowled slightly, and she noted the change in the atmosphere, but didn't comment out of fear of losing her tongue.

'Don't forget you're on the outs with your girlfriend, Jenna.'

'Still?' Mira thought out loud, but was ignored by both the doppelganger and the original.

'Right, Elena's aunt, for uh, all the lies about Isobel. What else?' he asked the doppelganger.

'That's it.'

Klaus walked towards Katherine and tucked her hair behind her ear, resulting in Katherine's breathing becoming heavy. She was terrified.

'Oh, so jumpy,' Klaus teased.

'Please, just kill me,' Katherine begged, and Mira raised her eyebrows. 'I've told you everything I know.'

Klaus kneeled in front of the terrified doppelganger before speaking again. 'You see, I believe you believe that. But what would you not know? What could they be keeping from you, hm? Anything? Tell me,' he compelled.